please advise on OPK's

vicki15

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm now in my 3rd cycle of ttc. I'm currently CD7. (I have a 28-30 day cycle-still figuring it out after coming off the pill in December after being on it for 16 years!!!) I've used OPK's last month but have now started charting my temps aswell.
While I'm totally confident in how to physically use and read the OPK's I have 1 minor query....when is the best time of day to test your urine with them?
I've heard that FMU is best then others have said afternoon is better....
Any advice would be a great help.

Also I have purchased the small strips from SME Fertility.
Does anyone feel these are not accurate enough and advise Clear Blue instead or are the one's I'm using accurate enough?

I'm also trying to help things along with Preseed when we BD.

My OH works away quite a bit so I'm trying my best to pin point my O so we have a bit more of a chance.
Any help and tips would be fantastic.

Thanks girls...

Congrats to all those who have had their BFP's and good luck to all of you like me ...still ttc....we will hopefully get our BFP's very soon xx

The best time to test with ov kits is between 2-8pm. FMU's useless for them and you probably won't get a good reading. Some women test twice a day just to make sure they don't miss their window of opportunity.
I used the normal test strips and found them very reliable but it can be different with everyone and some find one brand better than another. Best to try a few and see which ones you get the best results with. Clearblue are good but you only get 7 in a pack and are expensive, which isn't very helpful when you're trying to figure out your cycle and only last a month or 2 at the max!
Never tried preseed so can't comment on that.

Good luck :hug:

Hi Hannah :wave:
Thanks for your reply...firstly MANY CONGRATS on your BFP!!!!
I'm so pleased to hear that happy news.
When did you find out?

Thanks for your advise on the OPK's..I shall test at approx 5pm (don't really want to have to use 2 a day!)
Will see how I go and hope I have lots of luck this month and get my BFP soon too.

Take care xx

Thank you, I found out last Thursday (was pants and caved in and tested a couple of days early!!).

I think the ov kits are great and in the 5 months we used them I've got pregnant twice! ~ not bad going :lol: . It really helps to know the best time to start bd'ing!

Good luck and I hope they work as well for you :hug:

we used the digital clear blue ones which show the smiley face when you're ready (!) and it worked ! was checking about 2pm each day until we got the happy face and then off we went.....

Hey, I was using the strips and I had a few faint lines on consecutive days, on the 3rd day I did a clear blue digital and got a smiley face when I only had a faint line on the stips still so yes I think they are good because they detecting it was coming but then I just had to confirm with a digi one!

Good luck!
Fingers crossed for us all trying!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111