Might be a problem

nikkif

Reaction score
I saw midwife today and she could not tell for sure if it was the babies head or bum that was down so it is possible it has gone breech. She is sending me for a scan and consultant appoint next Thurs to check and i am really worried as i am really scared about having a C-section and it also being last minute that i know about it. I know it might be ok but i am a worrier!!

If it is head down then it is not engaging so they will check if there is a problem with it getting through my pelvis.

Sorry for the rant

xx

Sorry to hear this Nikki - hope baby's head goes down for you soon (if not already). If you do have to get a section at least you know it's for the best and you won't have loads of time to think about it. I'll keep fingers crossed for you that baby's head engages soon - remember this might not happen until you go into labour xx

Hope all goes well next week hun and baby is head down. My mw told me they don't tend to worry about the position of the baby until after 37 weeks so bubs might turn yet.

The baby has been head down since 32 weeks at least (or thats what they thought anyway) so i am just hoping it hasnt changed. Its all going to be last minute though as i will be 39+1 when i find out next thursday

nikkif said:
I saw midwife today and she could not tell for sure if it was the babies head or bum that was down so it is possible it has gone breech. She is sending me for a scan and consultant appoint next Thurs to check and i am really worried as i am really scared about having a C-section and it also being last minute that i know about it. I know it might be ok but i am a worrier!!

If it is head down then it is not engaging so they will check if there is a problem with it getting through my pelvis.

Sorry for the rant

xx

When my little madam kicks it feels like she is kicking her way out of my lady bits. She really kicks down there hard and it never fails to make me jump 100 miles in the air! Do you ever get that feeling?

Vickyleigh- no i don't get this really i seem to feel kicks higher up but its hard to tell

When midwife felt me, at the top of my bump was what she thought was the bum but she said it also felt like it could be a head as it is quite hard so didn't want to risk missing a breech thats why she was unsure.

Are you ok about having a section? I don't know what i am so scared of but i think its just unexpected and i am just a bit worried about the longer recovery.

xx

Yeah I'm fine about having a section infact i'm pretty happy about it.
I am a bit nervous about being cut open like that but at least I wont feel anything and it's over a lot quicker then a natural birth and I don't have to worry about going over my due date and having to wait even longer to meet the baby.
I know the recovery is harder then a natural birth but I'll get over it and I'll have the baby to take my mind off any pain I might get afterwards.

I only ever feel her kicking my privates and have never had a kick in the rib (instead I have her head pushing my ribs) so maybe your baby is the right way up.
A cesarean isn't really all that bad when you think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back