Midwife

mrssmith2011

Reaction score
Nothing like being told off the midwife on your first proper meeting that you are fat and you are not to put any weight on during the pregnancy. I know I carry a bit more weight than I should but I am only a size 18. You would think I was a size 30 which way she went one. Ah well I suppose it is lettuce leafs for me from now on.

Last edited:
R u serious. I understand weight issues durin pregnancy but there is no need for her.
My sister is a size 22 an they never once mentioned her size.

Deadly serious. I can't put any weight on. I am being referred to the consultant. She wants me to see the dietician and I will more than likely get pregnancy related diabetes even though I have no history of diabetes. I am furious. Just notice babyk you are due on my birthday x

Hey mrssmith ..... She sounds annoying!! ...... It does seem like advice really varies massively from midwife to midwife.

Incidentally my friend at work has just got pregnancy related diabetes and she in tiny, not overweight or anything, so I don't think they can jump to the conclusion that just because your bigger you will get it! Xx

Xxx

Last edited:
And there was you looking forward to seeing your midwife :( if i was you i'd just take it with a pinch of salt, i didn't think you were supposed to diet during pregnancy :s xxx

Can you change midwives? You need to have a good relationship with your midwife. She doesn't sound very nice.

I wasn't told off
She did say since bmi was over 30 I was at higher risk and would have needed glucose test at 24 weeks and 2 extra scans at least in the third trimester
But said not to worry too much just to eat healthily and try and do gentle exercise which is advice to anyone regardless of weight or pregnant or not x

Hey hun,

had my midwife appointment today, she is lovely but said coz of me feeling and being sick ive lost weight and cant afford to as im only 8stone and my bmi is 19.7 and thats not fab but she was fab and said they will keep an eye on it and if it gets lower they will have to refer me to consultant. She was lovely tho and didnt make me feel bad. I think you shud get on well with your mw and if she wasnt nice to you id ask to change.

Michelle. x

My midwife with my little girl was like this not v nice:( this time midwife is a lot bette !!! Mayb change me ? X

Thanks for the support everyone. mrz85 I'm sorry your midwife wasn't very nice with you either. Hayes I don't I have ever weighed that amount. I am 5 ft 10 but I have always carried a little bit of weight. I have calmed down about it now after a long chat with my mam last night and a migrane as I got so annoyed. I am going to try a healthy eating plan with the aim of losing a couple of pounds by the next time I see her. I figure if I do thank I can't get into trouble. Thanks again for the support everyone. I really appreciate it :) xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back