First booking in appointment with midwife

Yvonne

Reaction score
I dont know if any other area is the same but when i found out i was pregnant with my first child around 2 years ago i had to be 8 weeks to see the midwife first time to fill in my maternity notes etc.

She rang me 2 weeks ago and said that she wont come and see me till i'm 11 weeks to fill in my notes!
does anyone else have to wait or does anyone know why its changed?

i will have to wait for my scan appointment to come through after that and it may be 2-3 weeks later! extra waiting! :(
so i wont have my first scan til i'm 14-15 weeks! so disapointed

oh well that my moan

Thanks
Yvonne

It was the same for me, I only just seen the midwife at 12 half weeks, so it's alla bot of a waiting game im afraid!

its just funny because i was only 8 eeks seeing the midwife then my scan at exactly 12 weeks, that was bad enough for the wait,

Mind you this pregnancy is going so quick, i think its because i already have amy to keep me occupied, so the days blur into each other,

It might not feel so bad after all :roll:

Hi I had my booking in appt at 8 weeks (the earliest) that they would do it. I now have a ltr from the mat unit here to ring and book my dating scan thought they would just give me a date bu maybe people dont cancel when they make their own appts? anyway gonna ring tomorrow hopefully it will be this week or next I cant wait I think it will make it feel real then, although you would think the amount of time I spend with my head in the toilet bowl would do that by now!!!

I then go for blood tests 16wks then a further scan at 20wks my next midwife appt isnt until august which seems like ages away.

I have my scan at 12 weeks, well I will actually be 11 and a half, THEN see the midwife for booking in. Apparantly I have to have the scan first, I think that's a bit weird...

I saw my midwife at 5 weeks and she took my blood pressure and bloods. She then came to see me at 10 weeks and filled out all the forms. At 5 weeks she'd filled out the scan request form and when I phoned to check when it was it was when I was exactly 12 weeks. I now have booked my 20 week scan (12th August) but haven't booked my 16 week midwife appointment yet. It's only now that things feel like they are moving along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back