Midwife checkup.

jazzmum2be

Reaction score
I weny for my check up on friday.
Iv been put on iron tablets as she said Im anemic.
& she also said I have protein in my wee, my mum and nan said thats a sign on a water infection but now iv heard it could be pre-eclamsia?
What does it mean and is it serious?
Thankyouu.

Hiya...not sure,but just wanted to say hope you are okay and someone else can answer your questions x :hug:

I think protein in your urine can be a sign of pre-eclampsia, but only if accompanied by high blood pressure and a host of other symptoms (swelling, migranes etc). If your blood pressure is OK, then I don't think it could be pre-eclampsia. I'm sure if it was a risk, your MW would have discussed it with you, as it's potentially a very serious complication.

So don't worry, if your blood pressure's fine, chances are it's just a water infection :hug:

I've been told I have excess protein in my wee too and it's proably just a urine infection. I do remember my kidneys hurting a few weeks back, but didn't think anything of it. Midwife told me that urine infections can be there without any symptoms as well.

I think you should only worry about the protein in your wee if you are having headaches and have high blood pressure as well as these are the warning signs to look out for with pre-eclampsia. My BP was normal last week so not gonna worry about the extra protein I have, but I'll make sure I get my regular check ups with the midwife to keep an eye on it. I don't get any headaches at the moment really.

If you're worried you should get your BP checked, just to make sure everything's ok :D xxx

My blood pressure was fine and I havent had a headache in months *fingers crossed*,
So yeah hopefully just waters infection :)
Thanks guys :hug:

:lol: :lol:
That made me giggle.
Waters infection is easy to clear up tho I think? :)

if its a water infection they should give you anti biotics for it, and drink cranberry juice :D

i went to the gp midwife for a water sample and had protein and blood in my wee.. she sent it off and said it would be a water or kidney infection..

my mw rang my docs a week later as i hadnt had the results and asked them 2 get a doctor to call me back 1st thing in the morning - he didnt call in the morning - he rang in the afternoon and so i was out and missed his call.. i rang back & they said he was on home visits and i would need to call back after 4:30pm..

but a cpl of hours later another lady rang from the surgery rang and said there was a prescription ready for me - so i went and collected it - it was antibiotics - and i finished the course 2day..

so i'm presuming it was a water infection - but because i didnt speak 2 my doctor - i dont really know what it was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back