Midwife Appointments

ISH

Reaction score
I've only had my booking one so far, it just struck me it's been a while. Are we supposed to be contacted by the MW before an appointment or do we book them ourselves?

I am preeeetty sure there was supposed to be an appointment at 16 weeks, and I didn't get anything in the post about it, so naturally I forgot.

You have to book it yourself hun - you should go ahead and book one as soon as possible - I had mine yesterday - blood pressure check and heard the heartbeat :)

Hey Hun - I had to book mine myself. I only found that out from reading the book they gave me! They never bothered telling me at my scan or booking in app x

---
-

Yeah I have one booked at 16 weeks, give her a ring n find out what's goin on xx

Thanks a lot, ladies xxxx Will sort it out today!

I didn't get one at 16 weeks because I wasn't having the Downs test so wasn't eligable, my first is 24 weeks, but I do need to book it myself.

I've booked mine too - but don't know whether we automatically get the 20 week scan date sent to us or do we have to book that ourselves as well? I haven't heard anything yet.

you have to book all appointments yourself - except the scan where the hospital will send you it in the post

if you are unsure at what stages to book your midwife appointments either wait till your next one or phone your community midives and ask at what stages you should be seeing her and note it on a calander so you remember to book.

they will usually say at your appointment right book your next appointment for in say 8 weeks,or 12 weeks depending what stage your at then just go to reception and book it xx

My midwife books my next appt with me before I leave and when I had my 12 week scan, I had to book my 22 week before I left the hospital.

Areas do it so differently it's confusing!

I've booked mine too - but don't know whether we automatically get the 20 week scan date sent to us or do we have to book that ourselves as well? I haven't heard anything yet.
I got given a slip with my next date at my first scan x

Wow. They booked me in 2 weeks' time, that's ages away. I'll pester the MW to book my next appointment when I'm there!

I think I will have to check that with my midwife when I see her next week. Don't want to miss the 20 week scan!

That's a fair while to wait, Ish - but at least you got the appointment sorted!

Mercifully I have a slight phobia of hospitals and medical staff, so the delay doesn't bother me as much as it should :D

Also, they're going to weigh me, and I want to avoid that at all cost!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back