Midwife appointment

PinkPunch

Reaction score
Saw the midwife today and although baby is low down, she can still feel the head so it's not totally engaged and because it's not my first, she says it won't until labour. Didn't know that.

Also, the baby's back is at my back. She said this wont harm the baby but it will make labour more painful!!! Thanks for telling me lol. She said sitting up straight and not slouching might help move it but maybe bouncing on my ball will too? I didn't ask her.

So this baby better move or there will be trouble!!

Lol yeah ball bouncing and generally not slouching should help you! Hope it does! That's annoying isn't it x

Lol yeah ball bouncing and generally not slouching should help you! Hope it does! That's annoying isn't it x

Yeah it is cos I want to be able to just use gas again but we'll just have to see what happens at the time. Hopefully I can use the pool for a water birth too. It's annoying not being able to "plan" a labour as such lol. Just have to see how it happens really

Apparently my baby is back to back too... i've been told leaning forward over the ball or sitting backwards on a chair (so your leaning forward over the back of it) can help, or being on all fours for as long as you can stand it!! Anythings worth a go to make it as painless as possible!!

Apparently my baby is back to back too... i've been told leaning forward over the ball or sitting backwards on a chair (so your leaning forward over the back of it) can help, or being on all fours for as long as you can stand it!! Anythings worth a go to make it as painless as possible!!

Oh yeah definitely! I read labouring on all fours seems to be the best way if baby hasn't turned by then.

Oh yeah definitely! I read labouring on all fours seems to be the best way if baby hasn't turned by then.

Mental note made, just incase!!

i went to midwife this am and my lo is also back to back so no more slouching 4 me. im getting on that ball lol xx

I'm confused.. She said it's bum was sticking out the front (which it feels like now) but she definitely said it's back to back. And to check i said "so it's back is at my back?" and she said yes.

But how can it's bum be sticking out the front then?

really good question pink punch i dont actually know how the frick thats possible! mine you can actually feel its back lying on my right side with the feet and hands over on the left. apparently thats right, not sure why they turn back to back! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back