Midwife Appointment Today

Katy_89

Reaction score
Not sure what to really make of my appointment today. I met my new midwife as old one has gone one maternity leave. She was really nice and seemed very friendly and happy to answer any questions etc, even told me if I have any worries between appointments the template in the front of my notes is just a suggestion so I can go more often if I want.

BP and urine were both fine. However, my naughty little monkey has decided to turn breech. :wall2: According to midwife his head is under my ribs, his bum down at the bottom where his head should be. ARGH, I know it's still early days, but from week 19 to now he has been head down in the same position at every single scan and appointment. So he doesn't seem to change position too often. They said they won't be worried unless he's still in this position at 36 weeks. I am terrified of having to have a C-Section though so he better turn around again! Like...now!!

2 other not so fab things also, I asked about group B strep and she said they don't test for it in my area. If I want tested for it then I have to pay privately. :roll: So I guess I just better hope I don't have it!

Fundal height, I know it's inaccurate so I shouldn't worry too much but, in 6 weeks my fundal height has only grown 2cm. And so far as I was aware it would be expected to have grown 1cm a week, so should have grown around 6cm? I'm now measuring almost 3 weeks behind. I'm worried that with me being so sick baby isn't getting what he needs and isn't growing. Because I'm not below the 10th percentile they won't send me for a growth scan though :roll:

xx

Hi hun. Good news about the MW. Sorry to hear bubs has turned though....bloody typical that they do that after staying in one place for ages lol.

I am pretty sure you can buy tests for strep b online...they are quite cheap and I think they are really worth the money. I would recommend buying one. Ill try find the link if you like? Some SANDS ladys found a link for me and it was on the forum...but then it got shut down...grrrr! So Ill have a look for you.

x x x

I didn't realise I could do it online. I will google and see what I can find :) xx

Would it be worth seeing your GP and ask them to do a swab? I had my first doc appointment and as I had IV antibiotics during labour for some unknown reason they did it straight away. I know it may be different for you but it might be worth asking? Good luck xx

I might just go and ask them before I pay to get it done. My doc is quite nice so she may say yes xx

the fundal height seems normal to me my bump was tiny with mine i was so small i had to have growth scans think i ended up having 9 scans with my boy and 7 with my girl pain in the bum and they came out 8lb 3 and 8lb 15 :rotfl: just keep track of baby movements if you feel less than 10 in i think its 14 hrs then get yourself down to mat ward and they will scan you thats how i found out my boy wasnt growing and he had still got tiny hips now but big arms lol!! he looks like a body builder lol!!! Bless him :) As for breech i wouldnt worry till 36 weeks around 34+ weeks they have a natural instict to turn and if they dont after 36 weeks they can manually turn the baby they give you this stuff to relax your tummy muscles and then 2+ docs/nurses scan you then manuvour baby in your womb from pressing on your bump then they scan you after wards to see if it was sucessful i was offered this with my son but he tured around 36.5 weeks lol!!

Evie x x x x x x

omg i cant believe you're 31 weeks!! i wouldnt worry about the fundal height, i measured small with both my two, with #1 i measured about 3 weeks behind and she was 9lb12, and number 2 i measured like 5 weeks behind and she was 8lb3! especially if he's breech he'll tuck himself away quite well! growth scans are a waste of time apparently, they can be up to 3lb out :shock: i wasnt allowed one this time even tho i was at risk of a huge baby!

hope he turns round for you soon xx

yer they are they told me zander would be about 6lbs max born 6lbs 1oz at the most yerrrr 8lbs 3oz :rotfl:

I paid for my Strep B test and it was £20 through my local hospital. :)

Birthing balls are meant to be good for turning bubs. Just get a cheap exercise ball from argos.

Don't worry about size and sickness. My MW told me it will be you that does without the nutrients baby will take exactly what they need

Glad your midwife was nice.
That's typical baby has been head down for so long and now wants to turn! I hope your little one turns again! xx

Glad your midwife was nice.
That's typical baby has been head down for so long and now wants to turn! I hope your little one turns again! xx

I know, if he decides to spend a nice few weeks in this position he won't have turned in time. Think I'm going to a buy a birthing ball to hopefully help get him into a good position xx

Hope the birthing ball helps get him turning!
My little one has been head down since my 20 week scan. I had to have a scan yesterday and he's still head down. Hoping he behaves and stays that way! xx

I know, if he decides to spend a nice few weeks in this position he won't have turned in time. Think I'm going to a buy a birthing ball to hopefully help get him into a good position xx

I wouldnt get too worked up though if she doesnt turn just yet. Hebe was back to back all the way and she literally turned as I was pushing. Now I know he'd need to turn from breech before that but try not to let it stress you at this early stage ;)

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back