midwife app 34+4

Lulubelle

Reaction score
Am now officially scared!!!!

I had a growth scan 2 weeks ago and babe was measuring around 35/36 weeks, which I wasn;t that fussed about. Fundal height was also 35.

Today at the midwife fundal height was 40! Now I know that fundal height measurement isn;t all that accurate, but heck! I;m giving birth to one BIFF baby!!!

all I can think of is my poor poor fanny!!!!! :oops:

Actually, I think they got the date wrong at my dating scan, I think I am 3 weeks ahead of where they put, so I think LO may come early. Aside from the fact, that although babe is head down and moving quite far down, LO is not engaged at all.

Having said all this, I'll probably have to be induced at 40+14 and have a 6lb baby!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry, the fundal height thing is a load of tosh. And anyway, some people have said it's easier to give birth to a big baby than a little one :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think the position of the baby has more bearing on how ouchy it is, rather than size :)

aww hun i feel for you but yep fundal is alot of rubbish
they say big babies are easier to birth though :)
manda xx

They have told me I will have a biff baby, due to scan 2 weeks ago. My son was 8lb1....Not sure I can push this baby out if it happens to be 2lbs more than Tyler lol

I'd not fret overly. It might not be all baby. Or baby might have been poking bum right out.

Fundal height is not an exact science. And some women carry larger bumps than others anyways. Does not always mean a large baby pops out though :)

I was 9 1/2 lbs, my sister was 9.8 lbs my brother was 10.7lbs. My mum was 9.5lbs my uncl was 10.11lbs

My husband was 8lbs but born 4 weeks early

My husbands daughter was 9.4, his son was 8.11.

I think its a pretty fair bet I;m going to have a pretty large baby. I;m not realy all that worried, a heffer babies head isn;t likely to be that much bigger than a small baby and thats the bit the hurts the most apparently.

My consultant isn;t worried about me pushing it out, I;ve got child bearing hips apparently.

I just hope that it comes out soon, the novelty is really wearing off now!!!

ah hun im sure there is nothing to worry about lie the others i am also beginning to think the whole fundal height thing ia a load of rubbish

im sure your baby is just fine and dandy
dont fret to much about it love its will be ok im sure
sarah :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111