midwife and Braxton Hicks

kirlykird

Reaction score
Hello ladies :wave:

Just a little update!

Went to see m/w today , she is ace, much nicer than the ones I saw last time!

So I mentioned these pains that I've been having for the last week or so and she doesn't think they're Braxton Hicks ... she's not sure but I've been given strict instructions to put my feet up and do NOTHING all weekend :shock:

I have to go see my GP Tue in regard to my tummy bug I had over Christmas as she wants to check there is no infection left and if the pains persist after monday I have to call them asap :shock:

Good thing is though on the topic of my delivery she has assured me that the consultant team will be 100% behind me on my natural delivery unless any complications occur but I can't use the birthing pool as they will want to closely monitor me.

She was with me on my decision to try and avoid an epidural as she agrees that it takes the naturalness away and makes a longer recovery time... and we have to hope that he comes on time as they will be reluctant to induce me without a section due to rupturing my uterine scar :?

:pray: that he will come on time!

I have also lost 2kg since last time :shock:

If pains go away, got to go back in 3 weeks :D

A question for you all though how often do you see your m/w?

I have got to 26 weeks and have seen her 7 times , my GP twice and consultant once.

hope you get to have ur natural birth huni :)

you've defently seen ur midwife more than i have tho, ive seen her about 4 times and GP once

K that's great news that you can have a natural birth - hope the little Monkey comes out a few weeks early or certainly by EDD though so you don't have to be induced!

You having Pethadine then or just gas & Air and that's it?

I hope the pains go away soon and you haven't got any kind of infection :hug: :hug:

I'm sure everything is fine

You have seen your midwife a lot haven't you. I've seen mine 3 times now and the GP no times at all!! my ''registered'' midwife whom is on my notes and who I saw the first 2 times is nice, but the one I saw last time was like an old horrid hag. No help at all, she shouted at me for not booking my AN Classes yet! Thing is the times I went it has been in and out. Blood Pressure taken, Bloods Taken, Heart Beat monitored, me being asked ''is the baby moving and is everything OK'' me saying yes (how come you never think of anything to ask when your on the spot) and then me being told to come back in 6 weeks (we also have to keep our own notes) I think it may be cause there severely understaffed in our area but hell the only reason I know a little of what to expect is from here and speaking to friends who recently gave birth, otherwise I'd be completely in the dark. I'm hoping nearer the time they will at least attempt to explain something / anything to me!!

jennywren said:
K that's great news that you can have a natural birth - hope the little Monkey comes out a few weeks early or certainly by EDD though so you don't have to be induced!

You having Pethadine then or just gas & Air and that's it?

I hope the pains go away soon and you haven't got any kind of infection :hug: :hug:

I'm sure everything is fine

You have seen your midwife a lot haven't you. I've seen mine 3 times now and the GP no times at all!! my ''registered'' midwife whom is on my notes and who I saw the first 2 times is nice, but the one I saw last time was like an old horrid hag. No help at all, she shouted at me for not booking my AN Classes yet! Thing is the times I went it has been in and out. Blood Pressure taken, Bloods Taken, Heart Beat monitored, me being asked ''is the baby moving and is everything OK'' me saying yes (how come you never think of anything to ask when your on the spot) and then me being told to come back in 6 weeks (we also have to keep our own notes) I think it may be cause there severely understaffed in our area but hell the only reason I know a little of what to expect is from here and speaking to friends who recently gave birth, otherwise I'd be completely in the dark. I'm hoping nearer the time they will at least attempt to explain something / anything to me!!

Hoping to just use gas and air, not too keen on the pethedine idea but watch this space...my birth story will prob be sooo different! :rotfl:

I thought you kept your own notes everywhere?

Blimey! I have seen them more than you!

I always have around 30 mins with Faye and these days make sure that I write down and take with me any questions I think of... I'm a bit skatty at the mo!

Wow - by the time I get to 26 weeks, I'll only have seen my MW 3 times!

Hope the pains go away soon and that you're following instructions and taking it easy now.

LBxx

I seen the midwife at 8 weeks to book in, 16 weeks to do my bloods, 22 weeks, im at the hospital for my 28 weeks review because of the spina bifida results, so i havent gotta see her again now til 32 weeks (then 36, 38 and 40) :)

Thanks ladies, seems I'm having good care then :)

taking the instructions very seriously and am lying in front of the fire on the sofa with my laptop , chocolate and a magazine :wink:

good to see you are taking it easy...choclate is a good cure for anything in my opinion.

i have only seen M/w twice but saw M?w at hosp after 1st scan, seen obstetricain once in outpatients and every day when i was in hosp. should of seen m/w last week but was fully booked do seeing her this week.

have a very restful weekend

Hi

Im sure everything will be fine :) and do as she says put your feet up and do nothing!!
By 26 weeks i will have seen my Doc 7 times as well, we dont get mw here unless we get them ourselves
Katrina

Hey Kirls!! Not good about the pains but marvellous news about the natural birth, we just need to give Sam a taling to nearer the time and ask him to come when he is supposed to.

I have seen the midwife for my 10wk scan (because I fanicied!! 12 wk booking in scan, 15 week blood test, 24 week mw appointment and then again at 28 weeks and not sure when after that! Which reminds me - can someone remind me to book it nearer the time!! I forgot with the last one and went at 25 weeks!!!!!!

thats great news hun, just hope he comes on time for you!!!
so far ive seen my m/w 4 times, doctor once to confirm pregnancy and didnt have to see consultant at all this time

There definatly looking after you well! I have seen my mw 5 times and i only have 3 weeks to go. 10 weeks, 16 weeks, 28 weeks, 36 weeks and my last one will be at 39 weeks so only 6 times in total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back