Midwife abbreviations

maythe4thbewit

Reaction score
Can anyone make this out?
Baby number 2
Was 37+6 at appointment, 38 weeks today.
There's a number 7 in the urine section?
And I can't make out what the engaged bit says. It wasn't my normal midwife so she didn't say alot (CM was on annual leave) x

20210701_112205.jpg

After doing a bit of Google... it looks like she's put "e brim" - so head down and engaged but at the higher point of your pelvis (head not gone right down yet). And I think number 7 may be the pH of your urine?

I'm no expert! So don't quote me haha, but that would make sense at 38 weeks x

After doing a bit of Google... it looks like she's put "e brim" - so head down and engaged but at the higher point of your pelvis (head not gone right down yet). And I think number 7 may be the pH of your urine?

I'm no expert! So don't quote me haha, but that would make sense at 38 weeks x

I've been googling for hours with no luck, thank you!

That does make sense as she said something about babys head being at the brim of the pelvis and hes been low for weeks and weeks but not engaged. At 36+6 growth scan they couldn't measure his HC as he was to low in my pelvis then so they said. DH also said that he thought the 7 may have been PH

Hoping he makes an appearance soon, I was induced at 38+4 last time because I had GD. No sign of it this time! Hoping for a nice water birth! Hopefully labour's not to far away! Xx

Good luck @maythe4thbewit baby probably won’t engage until last minute as it’s number 2. X

Thats what I'm thinking!

Annoyingly had regular strong contractions for over two hours again last night! This is the 3rd time it's happened and fizzled out in the last 2 weeks :shakehead: xx

Thats what I'm thinking!

Annoyingly had regular strong contractions for over two hours again last night! This is the 3rd time it's happened and fizzled out in the last 2 weeks :shakehead: xx

Ugh baby is teasing! Not long now if baby hasn’t arrived already. I don’t keep up on here so much anymore. The due in Nov thread is deserted! Xx

Ugh baby is teasing! Not long now if baby hasn’t arrived already. I don’t keep up on here so much anymore. The due in Nov thread is deserted! Xx

Still very much pregnant! Fed up now! Tell me about it. Had pains on and off all day waddled around asda which seemed to make them pick up and then fizzled away again. Have constant backache, hip and pelvic pain now though!

Got midwife appointment this morning. I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. Never made it this far with DS he was born at 38+6 which is today!

Oh I know. I've not been on much either, the July thread, well I started it and no ones even wrote on it :rotfl: xx

Still very much pregnant! Fed up now! Tell me about it. Had pains on and off all day waddled around asda which seemed to make them pick up and then fizzled away again. Have constant backache, hip and pelvic pain now though!

Got midwife appointment this morning. I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. Never made it this far with DS he was born at 38+6 which is today!

Oh I know. I've not been on much either, the July thread, well I started it and no ones even wrote on it :rotfl: xx

Oh it’s not just due in nov then! Will you be getting a sweep tomorrow? X

Had midwife yesterday, all fine, hes 3/5ths palpable now so just starting to engage she said last week he was just at the brim I thinkso moving down but not a huge lot. Hes LOA atm so she said he's in an excellent position for a fast easy labour if I can get into it :|.

I've got a growth scan next week at 39+6 and then back to see community midwofe at 40+6, she said we will start talking about a sweep then :shakehead: that's two weeks away! Wish she would give me one now.

Although frequent BH and proper contractions are no where to be seen now! DTD:bd: last night in hopes it would start things off, what a task that was and obviously didn't do anything. I've also tried he breast pump and Clary sage. Obviously he isn't budging any time soon. I'm so uncomfortable. X

Starting to worry about how big he will be too :think: DS1 was 7lbs11oz when born at 38+6 although he was measuring between 75th and 99th centile and came put on the 48th.

This one was 6lbs12oz at 36+6 and is measuring on the 50th centile so predicted to be roughly 9/10lbs by 40ish weeks :0. I had a burst blood vessel and bad second degree tear with first but I think that's probably because I was induced, long labour and he came flying out at the end after they said they were going to do episiotomy and forceps. He came out so fast after that they almost dropped him. Tbf thiugh, I healed really well, agony for the first 4 or 5 days but then by two weeks evwything was almost back to normal. But yeah, am starting to get worried hes going to be massive :rotfl:. Hopefully I go on my own and can have my water birth xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back