Methotrexate for treating ectopic

rachy1979

Reaction score
Hi I had my injection of methotrexate today my levels started at 61 the 48 hour later went to 60 and that's when was told it was most likely ectopic had a scan showed something in tube but wasn't sure but recommended I have injection as my third results showed the hormone level still at 60. So my question is how successful was other people's treatment and did they need another dose or was one injection enough and what was their symptoms my head is all over the place and I've only just stopped crying x please any advise appreciated xx

You poor love.

I had an ectopic pregnancy at the end of march this year. It was the most terrifying experience of my life. Take some positives in that you've still got your tube intact and your hormone levels are low whilst this has been caught. Fingers crossed the methotrexate does the job and whilst the levels are going down (albeit slowly) it will mean what is remaining is not growing and the chance of rupture will go down as well.

I was not so lucky.

Be kind to yourself, your emotions will be all over the place.

Thank you for replying I do feel all over the place and now again started getting upset it's seems to be up and down with feelings and this is so diffrent from my miscarriage as I started bleeding two days after level dropped and after a few days felt physically better just not mentally for a little while but we had stopped trying for a while and then found out Sunday I was and then Tuesday that it was ectopic but one reason why I was offered the injection is that I only have one tube and ovary even though my levels were low tgey still wasn't dropping past 60 so didn't want to risk rupture of tube it's just I didn't even know about injection untill today and this experience is totally different and I'm finding it harder to cope than previouse mc xxx

You will because it will take a period of time for this to be over and move on. When are you having repeat bloods? Fingers crossed it goes down.

You've conceived with one tube and ovary so you will do again when your body is ready I'm sure. A little bit of hope for you, I'm now nearly 17 weeks pregnant again so it can happen quickly when the methotrexate is out of your system.

Be positive and take each day as it comes. It will get easier with time. I felt very alone, whilst trying to deal with the fact I nearly died it hit me a few weeks later that I had lost a baby as well. None of my friends had been through it. I didn't have anyone to talk to about it and that was hard. Even on here there aren't that many people who've had ectopic pregnancies to sound off to.

Hi I get bloods taken on Monday my levels were 60 on Tuesday and Thursday they started out at 61 on the the Sunday so only went down 1% by Thursday so I had the injection of methotrexate Thursday just don't know what to expect as I feel rough and tired and a little but sore but no more than a light period and I don't know anyone who has had it to ask how it went what side effects they had if there levels went down by the 4th day what make me feel worse is that we were due to fly to Spain next Friday for our first family holiday abroad with our kids and that's making me feel worse we haven't told the kids yet as I feel so bad about it all ������

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back