• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Membrane sweep today

Sera-tonin

Reaction score
Had an appointment with my obstetrician today and was given a cervical sweep. OUCH! painful! Not sure if this will kick start my labour or not, as she said i was only 1cm dilated.

Good luck hunni xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hope it works for you hun, good luck xxxx

I will keep you posted.
It was super painful and to be honest I am not sure what the results will be. She talked about induction etc since according to my last blood test i had a high bile acid count. So a sweep and another blood test today! I have an appointment on Friday and then she will decide whether or not I should be induced. They are worried about the size of the baby (she is BIG) and delivery.

Just wondering what they are classing as big nowadays, how big do they think your little one is?
Hope your sweep works for you X

oh good luck with the sweeps!!

at least ur 1cm, thats better than none!!

xxx

Just wondering what they are classing as big nowadays, how big do they think your little one is?
Hope your sweep works for you X

Last week, at my final scan, they estimated that she was 8.5 pounds - with a growth rate of 1/2 a pound a week, so she should be about 9 pounds now... and i have two more weeks till my due date.

Physically my obstetrician is not sure if I can push out a baby who is over 10 pounds :) (i am a small person)

I will know more tomorrow about what my options are, and if they are going to induce me next week of not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back