Shooting pains in cervix, and sweep

manduk

Reaction score
Hi I am 40 weeks + 3 days overdue and I have a membrane sweep tomorrow, I was wondering how many people have had one of these and if they was successful? Also Im experiencing sharp shooting pains in the cervix, especially when I am walking. My baby is fully engaged, so does these pains mean I am dialating? I also have alot of pains in my hips and find it very difficult to move around, which I am putting this down to pressure from the baby.
Any information I will appreciate.

Hi Manduk

Towards the end of my second pregnancy I also had the shooting pains. But I was having them a few weeks or even months before the baby was born so I don't think mine were associated with dilation.

Sorry, but I have no experience of the membrane sweep but wish you lots of luck with it and the rest of your pregnancy.

Take care xxx

PS I am a PF Newbie too, I joined on Sunday !

:wave: there to you both and welcome.

Manduk - I've no experience with having a sweep but I've been getting the pains that you have mentioned within the last week or so. I went to my 35wk hospital appointment to find that baby is 2/5 engaged which I can now understand seems to be why I'm experiencing the pains and pressure.

Best of luck with your sweep tomorrow and let us know how you get on cos I think that knowing my luck, I'll be overdue and needing one! x

welcome.

the shooting pains are because of the pressure of babys head. i am the same. havent got my sweep till next week so cant help with that one. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back