Meh!

buggy1

Reaction score
I'm feeling so 'meh' this weekend. I don't really know why, during the week I felt more energetic and happy and was doing more around the house and going on walks in the evening, now I just don't want to do anything and I'm mopey and a bit miserable!

I suppose some of it is to do with the heat!? I can't be out in the sun it is just way too hot for me right now. Because I'm full term I don't want to venture out far in case anything happens. I have very little to wear, I tried to not spend too much on maternity clothes and I only have a couple of vest tops, the others are 3/4 or long sleeve so it is too hot to wear those. I feel huge and look like a tramp right now. OH suggested going out for a drink but it is nice and I'd want a nice cold beer or cider which I can't have and I look a state so I don't really want to be around people.

OH is being pretty nice and I feel a bit bad I'm being a misery but I can't help it. I suppose it is hormones!?

I'm bored and fed up yet I don't want to do anything, I'm being awkward I know! Realistically I think the only thing I actually want to do now is have my baby!

Sorry for the pointless moan!

I'm exactly the same - can't be bothered to do anything but then feel bad and like I should be doing something! Thus hear really isn't helping and the forecast shows no sign of it getting cooler!
Someone could say we can do anything you like today and I really don't know what would make me feel happy! Which sounds horrible as my boyfriend keeps trying to help but I just don't know what it is I want to do!
My feet are soooo hot and I feel so uncomfortable and sicky which is just I think all the pressure from the baby taking its toll!
No advice really, sorry! Just wanted to say I empathise! Hopefully we won't have too long to wait for our babies now! Xxx

I know, my oh said just tell me what you want to do and we'll do it but I told him there isn't anything I want to do! I just feel fed up!

I'm feeling totally fed up today. I have a big list of all the things I want to get done before baby arrives and I wanted them done before I got to 37 weeks - which is tomorrow, but it's soooo hot that trying to do too much makes me feel awful.

I tried to go to bed at 12ish last night and didn't manage to fall asleep till 4. After that I seemed to be waking up every 15 minutes because of the heat, so now I'm feeling so groggy. I'm literally sat on the sofa with a fan pointing at me.

I'm currently wearing whatever fits, but yesterday I was wearing my navy maternity jeans and I felt like I was melting. So I caved and bought a dress from Mothercare which with 3 weeks to go till due date I really didn't want to do. I've also noticed that I've managed to get a hole in my maternity jeans. No way am I spending £40 on a new pair at this stage!!

I had a little mini meltdown yesterday when trying to put my underwear on. I got one leg in and then when trying to get the other leg in, I managed to drop them to the floor and couldn't reach to pull them back up!! I started to cry and hubby had to come in and help me get dressed. He looked pretty bemused!

I think everyone gets fed up in the last few weeks, but it's definitely worse when the weather is like this!! Off to do a rain dance.

I have felt like this all week I have been trapped indoors as cooler with a fan on me 24/7 dreading the leccy bill. I did do a food shop(which turned out to be mammoth) with oh as did clean out store cupboard and practically emptied it. I have done a quick once through in the lounge/kitchen as my sister coming to borrow my patio gas. Don't want house looking like a tip, OH working 12 hours :-( So a good book and a dvd I think. I did lie in til 11.30 as on catch up on sleep as the night before I fell asleep at 02.20 and my mother rang pointlessly at 04.40 and I was wide awake until 06:30 and fell asleep until 09.00. Just couldn't nap in the day too hot. Need a nice thunder storm to cool things down.

Last edited:
It's too hot!! And that's making us all worse!! I have a LOT of study to do and 7 more days of work and cba with either!

Soaking your feet in cold water REALLY helps cool you down, I used the baby bath last night.

We have to go out and get a wardrobe today from gumtree, knackered just thinking about it!! X

Looks like we are all feeling the same! I think it is the heat making it worse.

I was really really hungry earlier but hubby got back from Tesco with munchies and now we are watching the Moto GP together so much happier. Not looking forward to trying to sleep in this heat again tonight though!

I know, my oh said just tell me what you want to do and we'll do it but I told him there isn't anything I want to do! I just feel fed up!

Haha this is exactly us!! I was just like I don't know!!!!!!

My OH is addicted to the sun and cannot miss an opportunity to get out and active but I can't do anything in this weather at all! In the end he's just took his new kayak out on the lake by himself and I've just stayed in :( would of loved to have gone too but I'm too big and uncomfortable for it and he said I probably won't even be able to get in lol :eek: xx

Hi hun get him to go Tesco and buy kopperburg alcohol free cider tastes exactly the same as alcoholic one and also Becks do a really nice alco free beer too sit in garden with a sun hat or parasol in the shade with feet in paddle pool or baby bath of cold water and I garentee h feel tonnes better get him to do up dinner too I been feeling meh but this has really changed my tune around xxx

I knOw the feeling, I hate having to sit indoors as I feel I'm missing out, but as soon as I step outside I do nothing but moan. It's too hot to do anything in the house either, so it's a mess. And I'm rapidly running out of clothes that fit, didn't think I'd actually outgrow my mat clothes, my oh must be so fed up of my moaning but I just can't help myself.

We are the pregnant ones, they should have to put up with a bit of moaning ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back