Meet my new.......

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
Greyhound!

Her name is Mia, she is 15 months old and did a few races but sucked at it! she would run off and come back again lol - I spotted her last saturday at a dog show i went to in aid of rescue greyhounds. And fell in love!

The best thing is.....shes afraid of cats and has just ignored my two ad they have done the same to her lol!

Shes on trail as thats what the organissation do to make sure there happy first before commiting the dog. Am loving her so far though, shes great with the kids and so quiet i forget shes here! shes just laying down in the corner out the moment chilling out.

Want tommo to hurry up and get his ass home as I want to go for a walk and everytime i open the door her tail wags at me!Bless!

Though being vigilant is making me sit down and relax for once - need my eyes on the kids all the time with the dogs, luckily Imogen is beong quite good and leaving her alone.

Image007-5.jpg

Image010-6.jpg

Yay!! I LOVE greyhounds, we got a rescue one in December called sally, She is 7 though. They are great with kids and OMG are they soooo lazy haha! I wish we had one earlier.

This is mine :dance:

Picture051.jpg

awww sally is gorgeous lilysmummy!!!!

Its so nice having a dog about immy is just enthralled ith her and has pulled her about a bit now and shes just taking it and im like gerroooff immy and mias just licking her to death lmao!

Lily loves Sally she screams in delight if she walks past. Sally is a bit scared lol but she loves her !

Lilysmummy do you have a waterproof coat for your greyhound>im wondering whether to get one for mia whn its wet and cold? they havent exactly got the thickest coat in the world.

omg she looks just like my bob (my greyhound) sadly i cant have bob as i live in a flat and hes not great with stairs so my dad looks after him for me,
he was an ex racer only he was really good but got a foot injury so couldnt race anymore :(
xx

Yeah they need a coat. There skin is like ours ie - if you need a coat/jumper so with they. Depending on where they are sleeping they might need a kennel coat too.

Have they mentioned food stands?

Yes apperently though shes never used one and i dont need one, conflicting advice i feel as ive read they need one for their necks, im guna have to find somewhere that do coats then - i better be bloody keeping her after all this as shes only on trail.

id say she needs one, I hate watching Sally eat without one (when shesscoffing the other dogs food) becuase it looks so uncomfortable. You wont be able to give her back I bet!

Has she got a racing tatoo?

if you click this http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?l=453814 its Sally racing data and if you click one the first flim clip (on the far right) its a clip of her coming in 3rd :cheer: She races 52 and won 11 :dance:

beautiful dogs and ive heard they are such sweet natured dogs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back