Measuring Small

Flossy82

Reaction score
Hey ladies just wanted to ask at my last MW (28wks) appointment i was measuring correct for my dates when i seen her today im still measuring exactly the same (28) and not (32). is there any reason to be woried at all? I know my other 2 lo's were small at birth which was why they scanned me regularly last time. I do have a growth scan in 2 weeks and an appointment after with the consultant to check on everything. Is there any reason why she maybe measuring on the small side? And what would they say/do if this is still the case at my scan. :)

I measured small one week and they sent me for a scan to check and she was fine !:D I think its when they change position! :D

Thanks lea :D Everyone keeps telling me im bigger this time round though im hoping the MW was wrong! :lol:

yea i bet it cos of postion of baby, try not to worry darling :hug: :hug:

Hey. Same things happened to me and she suddenly stopped growing sufficiently in the last 6wks so the consultant has booked me in to be induced on sunday..at 38wks. Hopefully everythings ok! Xx

I was the same. At 40 weeks i measured 35. I had 2 growth scans after 30 weeks. They just said she was slightly under average but nothing to worry about. She was 8lb 3oz at birth! Certainly not small! She didn't look that weight though.

I was the same luv! Always measured between 2 and 4 weeks behind. Got sent for a scan everytime. Mhairi was born at 39 weeks and weighed 6lb 9oz......so don't worry!

same ere i was small on amber and they sent me 4 a scan, and everything was fine they said baby was just packed away nicely

If you know you have smaller babies then I don't think you have too much to worry about - it's obviously just normal for you hun :hug:

I think a lot depends how well the midwife measures as well. At my appointment 2 weeks ago I measured 35cm at 35 weeks but I know she didn't put the tape measure right down to my pubic bone. This week, she did measure from the right place and I was 39cm at 37 weeks. I knew I must be measuring ahead cos I do have big babies (younger 2 were 9lb 5oz and 10lb) so the most recent measurements sound more accurate to me.

I'm sure it depends on how the baby is lying as well. Surely it is only logical that if baby is sticking their bum out at the time then the bump will measure bigger than if they're all cosy tucked up away towards your back?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back