Baby still measuring small :-(

EllieBelle

Reaction score
Just back from the MW and baby is still measuring small - he is still measuring 28 weeks and Im 32 weeks......in her professional opinion she thinks I just hide the top of my uterus very well.

So now I have to wait for an appointment for a growth scan.....although MW thinks everything will be fine!

I have been so well and positive throughout the whole pregnancy and now ever so slightly worried :(

dont worry hun, fundal hieght itsnt always accurate, your bubs is prob just laying funny :hug:

Please try not to worry hun I know its hard.. I have 2 experiences to share with you..

1) My friend was told her baby was measuring small (in fact about the same as you - 28 wks at 32) and she had a few growth scans and was still small, they induced her at 36 and half weeks and when baby was born he was 6lb7oz, with no problems, he was a very good size for his gestation and had he gone full term he would have been 7lbs +

2) My best friend was told her baby was going to be about 7lb, but when born he was a whoppong 10lb 12 oz!!!!!

hope its ok and i'm sure it'll be ok with ur bubs x

aww dont worry hun, the fundal height is a load of pants :hug: :hug:

im sure you will be fine hun i dont believe in all that measuring lark anyway. :hug: :hug:

Oh hun, try not to worry - fundal height is quite inaccurate without a scan

xkikix said:
My best friend was told her baby was going to be about 7lb, but when born he was a whoppong 10lb 12 oz!!!!!

Oh god, dont tell me that - mine is estimated at 8lb - i dont want a 10lb'er :shakehead:

I would'nt worry hun, I was measuring a couple of weeks behind at my 40wk appointment and popped out a 9lb 2oz, 62cm long baby a week later! :lol:

Sarah x

I agree with the others, dont stress too much hun, I take the fundal measurements with a pinch of salt.
Everything will be fine :hug:

tbh I think fundal height is a load of rubbish! I am measuring exactly right for fundal height but on scans, bubs is way above average.
so this just shows inconsistency!

good luck and I hope the growth scan goes well! :D

i've had 2 extra scans due to measuring small, both have been fine, last one 2 weeks ago baby estimated 6 pound 11 so not small. have mw appointment tomorrow so may well be sent for another scan :wall:

Thank you so much for all the reassurance :hug:

I know that the scan will be much more accurate so all I can do is wait for the appointment, and try not to worry in the meantime.

Considering Im 5.11" and my DH is 6.3" - I never thought I would be told our baby was small - but then I think my height probably messes up the fundal height measurements somewhat as Im obviously not "average" height!

Thanks again ladies.....

hey, you get a chance to see bubs again!!

I agree re fundal height. Also, bubs may be due a growth spurt. Babies grow at different rates. LO may be small this week, have a massive growth spurt and be measuring 'big' in a fortnight!!!!

Also, i had less fluid than 'normal' with alice which meant i was smaller than average. I had to have fortnighty scans due to OC and every time they kept pointing out i had low levels. Every fortnight i would explain that it has always been like that and no i didn't want them to check and see if my waters had gone because i knew they hadn't :roll:

Hi Liza

Try not to worry, I'm 36 weeks now and I'm measuring 31 weeks!!!! I had the same with my DD, always measured small and she was a fairly small baby 5 lb 12 oz, but perfectly healthy. She soon caught up in the weight stakes as you've seen from my photo's on facebook. I'm also tall so I do think that can mess up the fundus measurements. At least you'll be getting another scan so can see your little boy again :cheer: :hug:

Really impressed with the speed of the hospital........got my growth scan appointment in the post this morning - its on Wed so not long to wait!!

Thanks again for all the kind comments, and just hoping bubs is all ok!

I had 2 growth scans with Angel, and 3 trips to hospital! I measured 35weeks at 40+ weeks. Had my last growth scan at 39+ weeks. I was predicted a 6lber. I was really tiny bump wise. I gave birth to an 8lb 3oz baby! The biggest in my family so far but with the smallest bump. I was in size 12 tops up until the last day!

They are just being cautious, but it's rarely accurate.

glad to hear you got your appointment so quick :)

enjoy the scan hun, and try not to worry!

I measured small and got sent for a scan! Lola was 7lbs 9.5oz and was a week early so try not to worry hun! :hug:

well just to say that it might indicate a small baby. i was measuring small with oliver ever since they started the measurements.
at 38 weeks he was way below the lowest centile on the growth scan and i was induced that day. he was born at 5lb4oz, 4 oz less than the growth scan predicted.

good luck :)

My due date is tomorrow. I was told I was measuring small on two ocassions and went to the hospital for bump to be measured by a GP rather than just midwife's opinion. It is because I am very tall and slim, which can be misleading. Everything was fine and there was no reason to worry, it was just a safeguard that I was referred on.

Better to be safe than sorry. Don't worry too much, I didn't think about it as I can't help being tall, baby just has more room to grow upwards rather than outwards. I only look about 6 months pregnant now so people are really surprised when I say it could be any day!

Hope all goes well anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back