Measurements

star fish

Reaction score
Just for those of us feeling too small or too big. I went to my midwife today and said i felt i was too small for 28 weeks. She didnt measure me left to right as I thought she would but instead she measured me from the top of my bump (inbetween but just below my breasts) down to my pubic bone (lie on your back to feel it, it's slightly lower than you think) and I measured 31 CM's, which she said was totally normal.

Would be very grateful to know what your measurements are as she kept saying everything I asked about was normal.

They measure top to bottom and you should be around the same in cm's that you are in weeks. They normally give or take 2cm each way before they start to get concerned.
I've been between 1.5 & 2cm difference every time x

ur measurement in cm' should be the same amount in whatever weeks you are but they allow 2 - 3 cm either side of that. I always measure 1 cm more than my weeks.

sounds like ur almost perfect, like the girls said, cm to weeks plus a few cm each way is ok xx

Yep they work on a cm per week of pregnancy. They measured mine at 25 weeks and I was 26cm so measuring well for dates apparently x

I was 29 at my 26wk check and 31 at my 30w I think... Hmmm may need to double check that.. But the girls are right.. Ur totally normal :) I was concerned too and now I've got a 5lber already measuring a week ahead now!! Growth spurt lol!
:hug: hope you have some reassurance now Hun xxx

Wow! I had no idea it was supposed to be roughly the same as weeks! Why dont they tell you that? Then I could have done it at home and not worried at all! x

I know its easy to say but try not to get too hung up on measurements. I had always been almost exactly the same in cm as I was weeks but last week at my 36+ visit I only measure 31.5. The midwife was concerned and sent me for a growth scan. I spent 2 days waiting for my scan and worried sick. When I had my scan everything was absolutely fine.

There are so many variables when it comes to measurements, I think the most important thing is feeling babies movements and hearing the heartbeat when you can.

Everyone is different at the end of the day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back