Meal ideas for 15 month old

LucyBee

Reaction score
I'm really struggling with knowing what to feed Tom these days.

Can anyone help. I absolutely bloody hate cooking but I will do it for Tom. The easier the better though.

Any help would be brilliant!
Thank you!!! Lucyx

Hey Lucy,

Do you have any recipe books for babies/toddlers? I get loads of ideas from these. My favourites are:-

Jools Oliver - Minus Nine to One
Annabel Karmel - Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner

Current ones we have in the freezer are:-

chicken casserole (Jools Oliver)
bolognaise (also Jools Oliver)
not cauliflower cheese (made with broccolli and brussel sprouts instead as I didn't have any cauliflower - just boil/steam veg and stir into a cheese sauce)
stovies (onions, sliced sausage and potatoes)
potato and leek soup
I also have veg bases - things like butternut squash and orange (cook a deseeded and halved butternut squash spread with some melted butter and an orange squeezed into the middles for 1.5 hours in the oven), brocolli, carrot and cauliflower; beetroot, carrot and tomato; root veg (parsnip, sweet potato, squash, swede) puree and then I add things to this like flaked plaice cooked in lemon and butter, tuna in spring water from a tin, cooked chicken, cooked salmon (whatever I am having for my tea!) - this makes life really easy.

I hope this helps - I have loads of ideas, feel free to ask for more or PM me. What kind of things does Tom like?

Valentine Xxx

tbh alice eats what ever we eat! If we are having a 'bad' dinner, then i will give her a tiny bit, and load her plate with veg (im quite lazy, and always have a bag of frozen in the freezer for her!). ive found that we are eating better because of alice as well!

Tonight she had omlette (with some ham and peas in, topped with a little cheese), toast, a few beans (from my plate). then an apple and a handful of dried fruit.

the only thing i bear in mind when making our dinners, is i don't add salt. Oh, and i always aim for her to have something green (or a veg) on her plate!!

her fav the last couple of weeks is corn on the cob!!

sorry, not been much help!

Harrison eats whatever we eat unless its a curry or something he couldn't/wouldn't eat.
For dinners he will eat:
Spaghetti Bolognaise
Beef stew & boiled potatoes
Roast dinner
Fish cakes or fish fingers smiley faces and some veg
Pizza, Chips and beans
Sausages, beans and mash
Lasagne and smiley faces or new potatoes
Chicken nuggets, beans and mash or with veg and mash
Chicken dippers
Chicken burgers
Cauliflower cheese
Casserole
Sausage hot pot

I always try and make sure he has his 5 a day & the above are just a small amount of what he has

Brilliant! Thank you all so much!
Valentine...love the idea of making up veggie bases and then adding stuff to it. I'm definitely going to do that.
Thank you!!!
Lxxx

LucyBee said:
I'm really struggling with knowing what to feed Tom these days.

Can anyone help. I absolutely bloody hate cooking but I will do it for Tom. The easier the better though.

Any help would be brilliant!
Thank you!!! Lucyx

should be eating same as you now.
shephards pie
spag bol
lasagne
chips
fish fingers
beans on toast
scrambled egg
cheese on toast
sunday lunch
pie and veg
sausage mash and beans
salad
jacket spud
sandwiches
cucumber

etc etc.

Just plate him up a plate o what you have for dinner time and sit at the table with him to eat it. :)

Arianna eats the same as us. Has done for ages... even mild curries!!

Kai has had exactly the same as us for ages for dinner (lunch we have different things). I am not doing separate meals. Tonight is Spaghetti.

You're all brilliant. Thank you so much.

What about lunch??? Do you do the same for lunch or sandwiches???

Can't believe I'm so rubbish with this food business.

Lucyx

Kai has a sandwich with either cream cheese, sliced chicken and cheese, peanut butter. Sometimes cheese or beans on toast
1 piece of fruit - either pear, peach, nectarine, grapes, banana, melon or a plum
And 1 of cheesestrings, tomato toddler crisps or cheerios
1 drinkable yoghurt

I am going to try scrambled egg again as he went off it for a while.

ds has the same as us at lunch & dinner. We have a sandwich / boiled eggs / baked beans for lunch, then a cooked meal in the evening. I give him fruit snacks after lunch and in the afternoon and a yoghurt or baby jelly after dinner. He's just started getting to grips with using a fork & spoon rather than his fingers.

His favs are spaghetti bolognaise and toad in the hole.

Last edited:
LucyBee said:
You're all brilliant. Thank you so much.

What about lunch??? Do you do the same for lunch or sandwiches???

Can't believe I'm so rubbish with this food business.

Lucyx

for lunch if you just want something light then you could try
thick chunky soup (so he can finger feed) with bread broken up into it.
Sandwiches with baby tomoatos and cucumber lettuce etc.
cheese on toast

Just try him with anything now and see what he thinks. Let him finger feed if at all possible so he can help himself and get grubbed up too coz they like doing that.

good luck! :hug:

lucybee try this recipe

i have given it all four of mine and they just LOVE it

chop 3 carrots and 2 large potatoes up and shove them in a pan with around 2 pints of veg stock. Add 4 oz lentils and boil it up.

it won't need thickening but it may need more water adding so keep an eye on it all the time.

give it to bubby with some ripped up bits of bread in it and let him feed himself. He will love it i bet.

if you want to add more stuff do so. Try leepks with it and swede parsnips etc.

don't chop the things too small but make sure everythings pretty soft so he can chew it nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back