me again..

niknaks

Reaction score
sorry i didnt wanna post too many posts today but i have just seen my dream push chair and its a travel system and on offer. but im only 20 weeks and heard its bad luck to get the push chair till after bubbas here? anyone else heard of that. i think ive fallen in love with it though :-(

think its only bad luck to have it in the house before babies here so if u buy it now & store it at a family/friends house then its not bad luck :) xx

Thats not true! If you want to buy it and have it at home do it. I had an argument with MIL yesterday as she brought us our cot (we currently don't have a room for baby and will be moving) and she said we can't keep it in our house for that reason and I told her that If it was up to me (and we had the space) I would've done baby's nursery by now painted and all the furniture in it! Don't worry about having anything in your house if you want it!

Sorry I'm not superstitious. I particularly don't like this one because it plays on a Mums to be worst fears. Im being practical and buying stuff when I see a good bargain. So far I have my travel system, a steriliser kit and a little cot mobile that plays a lullaby.

It's all rubbish Hun habit a pram I. The house won't have any Bearing on ur child so go for it

We have a few bits now, including pram, everything is at our house apart from pram as mum my is a strong believer of not having pram in house till babies born, gotta keep my mum happy! :)

We promised mum we wouldn't unpack pram til baby is here! Good compromise

Yeah that is a good idea, I didn't think about that & its already at my mums now.

Just popping in from tri 3, hope you don't mind :)

If you really like it, buy it, nothing will happen to your baby because of having the pram :) I wonder where these superstitions come from?

We bought ours really early on through mothercare and they kept it for a while. I got it delivered at the beginning of July and it's all made up and in spare bedroom as wanted to be prepared incase blump came early.

Sod it if you like it get it!!! Im putting up my cot tonight and I dont care :) not supersticious at all!! xx

Hiya, what system is it? How much is the on offer price?

thanx girls. decided im gonna get it on friday (pay day :-D) and get it sent to my sis she already said its cool, plus the offer ends on the 16th. its from mothercare and £200 introductory offer. been looking for one for ages and oh was like no 2nd or old stuff for bubba so was looking to spend £300-400 so have to get it. i was a bit scared to buy him things thought it was too early. only got him a pair of booties so far. even my sis has got him more stuff than me and my oh bro just got him bath stuff :-s feel a bit bad now x

He'll be fine, niknaks, even if you fill your house from top to bottom with baby things! These supersticions are just that - don't let them put you off buying things for your little imp! I wonder what people who insist on supersicious stuff like that expect us second and third (etc) time mums to do with all our old baby things... My friends would have a fit if I decided to fill up their houses with our cot, moses basket, pushchair etc etc - and rightly so!

He'll be fine, niknaks, even if you fill your house from top to bottom with baby things! These supersticions are just that - don't let them put you off buying things for your little imp! I wonder what people who insist on supersicious stuff like that expect us second and third (etc) time mums to do with all our old baby things... My friends would have a fit if I decided to fill up their houses with our cot, moses basket, pushchair etc etc - and rightly so!

thats so true actually. never thought of that. this was my goddaughters mum who told me first about this. this was when she was pregnant with her 2nd. but with her she wouldnt use the same things for each child she bought new everything for it. she does have one of each and her main things like cot and pram didnt look too boyish or girllish she just like to spend lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back