MC in OH side of fam affect me?

lrb

Reaction score
Okay i dont see how, but im just wondering somehow can misscarriges in my OH's side of family affect me in anyway when i get my bfp?

His grandmas has had 7 mc, and a couple was twins! Really dont know how she done it! And the Oh's mum had a mc too.

Its probs totaly impossible but just wondered if anyone knew anything on this?

Thanks x

I shouldn't imagine so. I've never heard of it being genetic. There's no history of mc in my family or OH's family and I had mmc. Think it's just one of those unfortunate things x

No I don't think so either hun - could see an argument for it if it was your mum or grandma but not on OH's side xx

Yeah thats what i thought but i thought i had just better check with there being so many on his side of the family!

Thanks xx

Yeah, like jodied said, maybe if it was on your side - I do remember my midwife asking me, when she was doing my notes, if there was any family history of miscarriage/still births, etc, but I would imagine this was to get a fuller medical history.
Unfortunatly, its just one of those awful things I think - just need to think positive!!!
xxx

I actually think it's possible that it might effect you.

My understanding is that a m/c can often be the result of an abnormality in the foetus which is a combination of both your egg and your OHs sperm.

Isn't it possible that your OHs grandma's m/cs were actually a result of his grandad fertilising the egg with abnormal sperm, rather than there being something wrong with his grandma?

So your OH might have inherited his grandads abnormal sperm production.

It's different to your chances of conceiving non-identical twins, which is purely based on the amount of eggs you release - identical twins are completely random - and therefore is based only on your own family, not your OHs.

All that said, it's all so random and the chance of it having a direct impact on you must be tiny.

Some people just have m/cs and other people just don't :)

Try not to worry about things like this ;)

i think its random hun. i know so many women of my mums age (including my mum) who have m/c. ive had one too. sadly i think they are so common that you couldn't really distinguish if it something to worry about. some women m/c where there is no family history and some don't where there is family history. i would try not to worry about it xxx

Ah okay, i wasnt sure but had to ask.
But with twins being on his side of family that can effect us having twins? it hasnt got to be passed down through a female?

Thanks girls x

hmm i was wondering about twins too - i have twins on my dads side of the family and my OH has an identical twin? x

theres some stil births and misscarriages on my OH side i was worried it would affect me aswell i dont think it can but i still worry lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back