May sound trivial...

I would hate it if someone close to us had the same names as we'd chosen, luckily, although a few of my friends are pregnant, the only one that is close to us has a very different taste in names so I don't need to worry. Plus our names we've looked at so far are REALLY unusual (especially our boys name), so there is extremely little to no chance we will copy each other

I'm so please that all of my cousins/nieces that are pregnant before me are having boys for this reason.

We have also chosen Sophie as our baby girls name.

If you love it, I'd use it anyway. I'd probably announce it as soon as I'd had the scan to say baby was a girl and sod anyone who wanted it lol

Tell people names that u maybe thought about and then when baby is here its a nice wee suprise :)

It's such a personal thing isn't it? When I was pregnant with my son, my SIL really upset me because even though she wasn't even pregnant at the time,she gave us a list of names we were 'banned' from using, and one of them was the name we had chosen for a girl. It was a name personal to OH for family reasons, and SIL said the same. We had quite a fallout over it because we said that of we had a girl, we would call her whatever we wanted, regardless of SILs wishes (she knew of yor choice before compiling her list). Obviously it wasn't an issue in the end because we had our son, but it still pisses me off that she did it!

She actually got pregnant again (announced it the day I went into labour - heaven forbid the attention should be on someone else for a while!) and was going on and on about this girls name, then she had a boy too :rofl:

I know what you mean. My hubby wants Joshua for a boy but I know 100% that is one of 2 names my best friend wants when she has a boy (she has only just had a baby, a girl so she is saving the name for when she is pregnant again) I told her the other day as I thought it was a sort of sweet coincidence but she gave me a look of thunder and didn't comment! Now I would never ever do that to her (even though she isn't even pregnant) as I don't love the nameanyway and have my heart set on Sam for a boy and Summer for a girl. I also love Sophie but we have a close friend called Sophie and hubby didn't want the same names as friends!

Thanks girls glad it's not just me being a bit petty. Know there's bigger things to worry about lol I think we'll be very unlucky if we both chose the same names out of the thousands out there. Think give it few weeks and tell her Sophie is what our girl would be called if it is a girl.
Hubby said it's Sophie regardless lol we do have seveal girls names that we like but LOVE Sophie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back