May 2017 Mummies *NEW*

I didn't realise you'd all moved over :)
I put this on the other forum earlier...

So, I saw the doc this morning so I could be referred to the midwife.
He seemed a bit reluctant to believe that I'm pregnant "so soon" after my miscarriage.
My mc started on 16th July, and he said you can still have enough hcg for a +ve hpt 6-8 weeks after mc and wants to check that wasn't the reason for my bfp with a blood test in 1.5 weeks.

I told him that I track my cycles and I'm fairly certain I ovulated 3.5 weeks ago but he didn't look convinced!
I chart my temps and there was a clear thermal shift and 18 temps above the cover line.
Ah well, at least I'll get to see my hcg count which will hopefully be reassuring.
I know he's just doing his job and GPs don't know the ins and outs of fertility charting.
But he got me a bit worried for a minute that I've made a mistake!

Have you had a period in between? Quite a few people fall pregnant straight away. I tracked my hcg levels from very high down to 0 on hpts after my mmc last time. It did take a very very long time or at least it felt it! But my other mcs were down to 0 hcg very quickly x good luck hun I don't know enough about charting but I'm sure your right x

I haven't had a period in between. I think that's what's thrown the doctor, because he doesn't know when to date it from.
That's probably the main reason behind the blood test so they know how far along I am in order to arrange my appts.

When I miscarried, I was supposed to be 8wks, but I think it had stopped progressing earlier than that, so my body didn't have much resetting to do.

How did you track your hcg? I don't know how I would do that?

Eryinera - I think that dream is a good omen :) I hope it works out for you this time.
I've only had one mc, but a lot of ladies here seem to be having a rough time of it.

Just with pregnancy tests until there was no line left. It's all in my journal how long it took etc.

Oh I see. They did a urine test at the EPAC when they confirmed mc and it was a very faint line. She said it was more sensitive than normal hpts, so probably 10ml/u.

Thanks for sharing :)

Hi ladies! Just got my positives today est due date 10th according when i ovulated. I have a 10 month old little boy and this was our 1st go at properly ttc no2. Not gonna lie in a bit of shock it happened so quick. Took over 2 years to fall pregnant 1st time 😀

Last edited:
Congrats Vegas, will add you to the list :) I'm in serious shock too as was my first month off the pill! Last time it took 6 months after coming off it! Really struggling to come to terms with it just now...kinda hoping for a bit of sickness to kick in for reassurance! X

Hi ladies,

Tentatively dipping in too. Got my BFP Wednesday - still in utter disbelief!

I think I'm due around 12th May :)

Welcome and congratulations to all the new bfps :)

Are there any first babies out there? I see for several of you this is a second.

Still in disbelief today ha ha. This will take a while to sink in. Rang docs this morning and have 1st midwife appointment 2 weeks on monday. ☺

I need to phone the doctors on Monday. this is baby number 3 for me :)

my best friend of 19 years found out she's pregnant the same day as me as well :)

this will be my first, due 4th May - excited but still a little in shock as it happened so quick! Going to the doctors on 15th Sept :)

I can't decide when to let midwives know... they're in general a bit rubbish in my area so not feeling particularly desperate to get in contact with them! I will need to drive 2 hours (plus a ferry) to get to any scans so kinda hoping they will just book me for my 12 week and not an early one! But at the same time I am still in total disbelief and think I need and early scan so I might actually believe it!!x

I don't know how many 's and I'll end up with Ive been through this so often. If I get to 10 weeks I'm getting a doppler. But I'm expecting the worst hoping for the best.

This is my third! Still can't believe that. Think I'll ring the docs during the 6th week.

I'm calling my doctor after I've had my early scan on the 28th.

I didn't see the point in doing it before then- want to make sure everything is all ok first.

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back