Mattress?

Loulabelle

Reaction score
How do you choose? There are so many technical phrases that I don't know which to go for! Can anybody recommend? I want her to be really comfy and supported, but safe as poss obviously! x

My mum and step dad got my cotbed from john Lewis and they were really helpful with advice. Mum said she went for a medium priced mattress. I posted a while ago with the same question and the majority of people said to go for one that was mid price range.
That's probably not much help.
I see India has grown out of her Moses basket already!!!!!

My mum bought ours, we went into mothercare and they talked us through what the differences were and we went mid price too. Can't remember what its called now but its got one of those layers that helps regulate your temperature- keeps u cool in summer and warm in winter iykwim!

I asked about what was the best one and decided on a sprung mattress (it is the most expensive but I got £50 off cos I bought it at the same time as my cot). I'm not sure why it is supposed to be better, or if it actually is x

I got a sprung mattress because it is supposed to last 3-5 years as opposed to foam which is cheaper but may need replacing as often as once a year. I also chose one with a waterproof layer which can be unzipped and cleaned so once baby is potty training it will be easier to clean up at night times. I got mine on sale in mothercare, there was an offer on to buy a cot and get half price mattress. If you have a mothercare i recommend going in and asking someone to run through the different types of mattress, they were ever so helpful in helping me choose which one to go for.

i got a sprung matress its hypoalergenic and quilted or something was about £40

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back