Matthew Jack Porter, 8lb 1/2oz

analiza

Reaction score
Its Analiza's husband here she told me to write up the birth story as she is still in the hospital with Matthew.

It all started on the Evening of the 21st, when Analiza's plug came away and the waters had gone at the same time. Phoned the maternity ward to get their advice, they said contractions could start at anytime between now and 96 hours.

4 Hours later, contractions begin, very erratic, we try and get some sleep but its no use, so after another 1 hour up, we phone hospital and let them know that we are coming in, that was at about 1am.

So when we arrived we were put in a single room which was nice as labour ward was busy. They confirm that baby appears to be back to back, Contractions still very erratic, but after being examined, shes 2cm. Analiza just had gas and air all the way to 4cm, then we were moved into labour ward. Contractions still fairly strong and Analiza needs her upidural as they get stronger, but unfortunatley the anastheist is in surgery, after which seemed like an eternity he arrives. She is having unbelievable back pain all the way until 30mins after the needle went in, what a relief.

He could not get the needle in the right place, so attempts it 3 or 4 times, Analiza never felt a thing. Soon shes feeling great again, and trying to get some sleep before things get interesting.

As time progresses contractions getting weaker so they get the Sintocin drip on the go (I think it was called that!) She is now 5-6cm. Scary episode that actually i almost forgot even happened was that the baby's heartbeat dropped suddenly so all the staff were panicking, they think it was just baby turning with the contractions and maybe pressed the cord.

She got too 9cm quite easily then doctor checked her just after the midwife and now its 10cm, within 20seconds, maybe touching the cervix has just got it past that final cm.

Its now been 27 hours since water broke so they are keen to get baby born ASAP.

Analiza starts pushing but i can tell by the look on the midwives faces shes not having much success, after about 40mins of really pushing as hard as she can. Doctor comes in and mentions, suction cup or forceps. Analiza bless her tries her damndest to get the baby out as she didnt want forceps delivery. 20mins later the doctor agress that this is the way it has to be, it was so painfull for her, very upsetting. after about 20 mins matthew is born and suddenly it is all worth it. Baby is fine, but mother needs stitches and has lost alot of blood, needs antibiotics cause of the blood loss.

So from everything going well, it all kind of went out of my wifes control, she couldnt have done any better, im very very proud of her. Anyway here are some pics of the LO, Matthew.
Photo0044-1.jpg

Photo0043-1.jpg

a HUGE congratulations to you and your wife..what a bonny baby :hug:

Oh tell her well done bless her.

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH MUMMY, DADDY AND BABY :dance: :cheer: :dance: :cheer: :dance: :cheer: :dance: :cheer: :dance: :cheer:

Baby is absolutely beautiful (even though they got his poor face with forcepts bless him)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back