Calling all Pushchair/travel system experts

i can give an opinion on the aria, as we brought one for holiday as there ment to be light weight, but it broke within a month, because of the light weight frame, it buckled a bit so there wasnt even pressure on every wheel so it became a nightmare to steer, we returned it to store and they said it was a common fault, they did fix it, but it happened again :wall:

Thanks for that, i went toargos tonight, (apparently they are the only ones selling it) and viewed the item, well what a laugh, took us ages to try and unfold the thing then even longer to fold it back up! We were able to tske it back as long as it went back in the same way it left the shop, well how many things can you get back in the box once you get them out :rotfl: so i 'viewewd' it in the shop then said no i think i'll leave it and left the bloke to put it all away again :rotfl: :rotfl: naughty of me i know.

Might go to mothercare tomorrow and have a proper look at the graco one as we only had a quick look at it today.

Thanks for the info anyway

Cant comment from personal experience in regards to the Aria, But from seeing them in town, they look crappy, flimsy, and not very well built at all.... suprising considering the make!

Graco mosaic....

Its ok... But i have had dearer prams, so wouldlnt touch a graco wtih a bargepole again...

If you can afford to get something else then i would say have a look at a few others, but if ur limit is around the 150 mark, then the best you'll get Brand new from a shop is a mosaic for that money.

I would HIGHLY reccomend havving a look on ebay. as for the £150 mark you could get something Brand new, or used couples of times, something better..

up to you..

if you need any more help then u kno were i am ;)

i wish wish wish I had bought somethin like the silver cross or m&p pramette when Jam was born so that babs faces mummy, look on ebay or gumtree.com for bargains

have heard gd things about that mosaic, i had a graco travel system for Jams first pram and it was pretty decent considerin we paid £50 lol :oops: :lol:

Got to mothercare and have a push of all of them, write the names down and look online for somethin cheaper :wink:

mummykay said:

Got to mothercare and have a push of all of them, write the names down and look online for somethin cheaper
:wink:

EXACTLY what i do ;)

had some right bargains :D

I know someone who has mp pramette and she finds it cumbersome and hard to get in and out car easily. We've gone for Maclaren Xlr Travel System cos it is mega practical buggy, so stylish with a really top quality finish. Car seat is Recaro and also mega safe. After buying a graco travel system first time around and then buying a lightweight buggy when they were about 6 months and not using the big one again, for the ease of use of the buggy, I decided not to fall into that trap again this time.

also.. i think u gotta try n thinka bout what ur gonna be using the pram for.. as u already got 3 kiddies.. im sure you already know what you dont want... i knwo that i wouldnt want a bar, instead of handles (to put shopping over) and i would want a stroller type (safe me buying one in a few months) and a carseat to go ontop the system.

i loved the graco mosiec (hated the sponge stuff on the handles tho eww) so decided to have a look on ebay for something simular....

and came up with this.. 2nd hand..
mypram.jpg

i viewed all the pictures the owner put on there.. asked for more on the wheels, and the seats (crumbs stains etc) and asked how long she had had it for.. she said 6 months

anyway i won it.. for £47 and £20p&p i got it about 3 days later.. and i swear she must have used it about 6 times.. the rain covers were still in original packaging the wear on the tires was nothing.. they wernt even dusty.. all of it was perfect.. no marks or stains nothing...

so my advise would be.. make sure you get what pram you want.. look 2nd hand and ask for more pictures, i think all 2nd 3rd time mums (and those who have had loads of prams) *not mentioning any names* can say the 1st prma they had they hardly used.. coz it was... to big.. to heavy...etc etc etc... and ended up with a stroller type..

lisa&alex said:
(and those who have had loads of prams) *not mentioning any names* can say the 1st prma they had they hardly used.. coz it was... to big.. to heavy...etc etc etc... and ended up with a stroller type..

*cough* :oops: 19 and still counting... hahah

19 prams in 11 months lol.. shocking.. i think you should hi-jack this thread and photobucket every pram you have had.. and tell us why you liked or hated it..

i liked the mosaic but only when i tried it int the shop , its very lightweight but seems sturdy !

Thanks girls

I still have my very first pram/pushchair that i had with kirsty (9 years ago :oops: ) i even used it with ben for a while, it was a mothercare own and was great, big shopping basket, adjustable handle, forward or reverse facing etc i wouls still use it this time but the only thing is where the kids have leaned and pulled on it to look in the carry cot its got a bit lose and wobbly. I always ended up after about 4-6 months with a cheapie stroller too.

With this one, because of the school runs i need a travel system as it'll make things much easier than having to keep getting baby in and out of her seat every 5 mins, we don't generally do a gr8 deal of walking, more car/town etc unless on holiday.

I got nothing against 2nd hand, have had some gr8 stuff but i'm a bit iffy about getting a 2nd hand car seat for safety reasons, i know anybody who really cares like us mums wouldn't sell anything dodgy but i dunno if i wanna take that chance.

I do want single handles as opposed to a bar cause its gr8 for shopping, i also need to get a buggy board on the back for Ben as he doesn't really use his buggy now and the brake system on the graco is a push in/out button and cable brakes (i think) When i tried it in the shop yesteday agains some of the others it was very light and easy to manouvre (sp?) compared to some of the others.

Hubby said earlier we'll go and get it ltr so i might just ask them to do a demo on the folding aspect etc as i need an easy one handed folding system if i can.

We could afford to go dearer, its getting chuked on credit card and transferred along wth all the other xmas stuff :rotfl: but knowing how much we'd use it and with this being last baby i don't really want to spend too much.

Thanks again all anyway, will have another look around

lozzi said:
lisa&alex said:
(and those who have had loads of prams) *not mentioning any names* can say the 1st prma they had they hardly used.. coz it was... to big.. to heavy...etc etc etc... and ended up with a stroller type..

*cough* :oops: 19 and still counting... hahah
i will have to count how many ive had and compare, i think ive had about the same amount :rotfl: think my OH will leave me if i buy another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back