Maternity leave!

Leanne&Bump

Reaction score
When is eveyone leaving work? Im leaving a 9 weeks Yayyy!!!! So ill be leaving 15th Aug and im due 25th Sept. I cant wait! :dance:

Im leaving in eight weeks and two days and I cant bloody wait!

Im not due till 14th October but the way I see it is its the last few weeks of my life where Im definately not going to have a pram / child with me constantly so Im going earlier rather than later! x

thats how I see it but I have 2 weeks annual leave to take so my maternity leave starts on 1st Sept really, but finishing work on 15th. If that makes sense?! lol

errrrrrr i finish work NOVEMBER :cry: :cry: I want to go now i had enough at my job :?

I haven't quite decided but it will probably be November. I'm thinking of finishing 4 weeks before but if I have enough leave I might manage to add a week or two onto that.

I'm not leaving til mid-October and I'm due 8th Nov. Roll on mat leave!!

I'm working up to 36 weeks I think so end of August for me.

I want to carry holiday over to use at the end of my mat leave or have a few weeks extra off after the year is up.

Bagpuss17 said:
I want to carry holiday over to use at the end of my mat leave or have a few weeks extra off after the year is up.

Check with your work cos mine told me I have to take any leave that I've accrued up to my mat leave start date before I start my mat leave but that anything I accrue during mat leave can be tagged onto the end.

I'm not sure if that's a common policy but its worth double checking.

i have to use up my years worth of holidays before my mat leave as when i go back it will be a new holiday year & i cant carry the hols across... mat leave has to start on or before due date so officially my mat leave starts on the day im due... but im off at 33 weeks as not used any holidays this year so have to use all 7 weeks of it :dance: :dance:
so i now have about 6 weeks to work then im off to france for a week ( i WILL enjoy a holiday at 31-32 weeks) then back to work for a week then IM OFF! oh yeah.....

i am finished uni in 10 days time then thats me!
i am doing some volunteer work over the summer but other than that im as free as a bird :dance:

emmie said:
errrrrrr i finish work NOVEMBER :cry: :cry: I want to go now i had enough at my job :?

Me too! I think I'll finish at 36/37 weeks. I've only got a week of leave left so will probably take that and 2 weeks maternity before I go.

Can't wait for 9 moths off :D :dance:

im finishing work on the 1st august too sharne!!!

ill be about 30 weeks then, but ive decided to take the whole of august off as my eldest starts school in sept and being realistic this will be that last 'summer' that i will be able to completly take off work to stay at home with them.

so im going to make the most of it!!! i wont be going back to work until the end of june 09!

Leanne&bump - I am doing exactly the same as you, My maternity leave officially starts on the 1st of Septmber but I am taking 2 weeks annual leave before hand!! I cant wait and it cant come soon enough for me.

xxx

I'm leaving on 25th July and will be 32 weeks. Can't wait. I'm really looking forward to having a few weeks at home before baby arrives :D

kerrymac said:
Leanne&bump - I am doing exactly the same as you, My maternity leave officially starts on the 1st of Septmber but I am taking 2 weeks annual leave before hand!! I cant wait and it cant come soon enough for me.

xxx

Tell me about it im so tired and stressed at the moment! Cant wait to 'relax'
Hurry up 15th August!!!!!!!

I'm due 23 Oct and think I'll finish about 9 September...counting down the days already!!! xx

Im hoping to work until end of august Im due 12th september don't know if I will be able to manage it but things have been pretty straight forward so far and I work for family and with my DH so would rather be here with them then at home getting impatient and if go into labour early will be nearer hospital and have DH with me straight away going to keep my hospital bag in the car nearer the end but will have 2 weeks holiday to take so will have to leave at 38 I think to be able to take it will probably be glad of it by then!

I officially start mine from 19th September when I'll be 35 weeks but I'm hoping to tag at lease a weeks holiday onto the start of there and I'm currently off sick as well with a bad back so I'm going to drag that out for as long as possible!!!! I hate my job and I get full pay for being off sick so why not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back