1st scan 3 due dates

babypinkie

Reaction score
i had my firt scan yesterday and they told me im 13 weeks and 2days i asked the nurse what my due date was and she said 9th of aug 07 then the midwife told me the 15th aug 07 this was after the scan lady told me the 16th aug 07 so confused anyone help :?

I'm really confused!!!! I just worked you out as EDD 12th August 2007! that would make you 13 weeks 3 days pregnant today (& 13w 2d yesterday at your scan?!)

I used this calculator: http://www.intmed.mcw.edu/clincalc/pregnancy.html and put 12th August 2007 in as Estimatred Due Date then clicked 'calculate backward'.

The bar at the bottom says you are 13w 3d pg?!

Wierd, i've just counted up to 40wks on a calendar and it says your due date is 12th August.

Has it not been wrote in your notes anywhere?

oldermum said:
Wierd, i've just counted up to 40wks on a calendar and it says your due date is 12th August.

Has it not been wrote in your notes anywhere?

Snap Oldermum......we got the same date!! Seems we are smarter than the professionals :wink:

The sonographer had to leave the room and come back 5 minutes later to tell me what my new EDD was from my dating scan, think it must be easy to get confuzzled when you are dating babies all day :think:

EDIT: DF just reminded me that our sonographer had to leave to calculate it as the computer had broken so our EDD was coming up on the screen as 1997 :rotfl: :rotfl: I forgot about that :rotfl: :rotfl:

Snap right back at ya :clap:

If your due date isn't written down hunny i'd go with 12th August and write that down yourself, thats what i did when i was told how far i was at my scan.

This is the explanation I got from my consultant when I asked the same question:

the scan date is the most accurate date as it goes on measurement etc.. of the baby. All babies grow at precisely the same rate for the 1st twelve weeks. It is why it is called the "dating scan"

any other method of predicting the date is based on the date of your last period which is less accurate....

Hiya,

I have has scans at 7, 11, 14 and 19 weeks and they all came up with due dates from 6th to the 13th june!!

My last scan said the 10th of June so i am sticking to that.

By my last period it would be the 9th but i know my cycle is longer than the average 28 days so thats wrong.

But seeing as 2 weeks either way of your due date is considered ok i'm not really fussed :)

So sorry if i'm no help! Lol xx

Hi

Wow that is confusing its a tough one. I would go somewhere in the middle for now? When do you get your next scan ?
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back