Maternity leave

Em91

Reaction score
Has now started :D Ive got 5 weeks till EDD and 35 days left tommorrow :D and I fully intend to make the most of them :) Although I think I may be bored in 2!

Was sad to leave work, cried my eyes out because everyone was so lovely, got lots of flowers (More than I have vases!) Nappies, bath soak, a couple of other baby bits and a £50 next voucher! can't wait to spend that when bubs is here :). All the kids made me cards etc to. I don't think it'll hit me till Monday when I dont have to get up!

Have got a list of jobs I want to get done, like cleaning cupboards, the car and the windows. What have you all got planned for your maternity leave? Jobs or resting? xx

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

Last edited:
Yay happy maternity leave Hun! It goes so fast. I don't feel like iv been off work all that long and baby is due next week! Have got a lot done mind and I certainly haven't been board!!

Enjoy the rest! It's great to be able to rest when you want and get out of bed when you wish!!

get as much done as you can x

but space it out, i was bored by the 2nd week but luckily baby made an appearance x

wow they must really like u £50 voucher heheh ;) i don't know what I expect LOL

I honestly didn't expect that much! maybe like some flowers and a card! Its quite a big school with 40 odd staff, so I guess lots of people put into the collection! Was so shocked when I saw 50! xx

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

You can now put your feet up and know that the next time you go to work you will have a baby!! :)
I can't wait for my maternity leave!! x

You can now put your feet up and know that the next time you go to work you will have a baby!! :)

It was scary when i left saying 'yes i will bring baby to visit for an event at the end of August!.. Thinking woah i will be a mummy!!! x

How long you got left? x

I'm counting the hours till my maternity leave now, I can't wait! I've got three weeks left and I finish work when DD finishes school for the summer. I'm a little concerned that I have so much to do, though; I've started having anxiety dreams because we haven't started the nursery or made any purchases for the baby. Eeek! So, maternity leave filled with baby stuff to do and looking after DD, I think I'm gonna wish I was at work for a bit of a rest! Lol.
With my first pregnancy, I took maternity leave from 37 weeks and DD didn't make an appearance until 41 + 2, so I was bored, bored, bored! I had already sorted the nursery and repainted half of the house, so I was just left with cleaning and lounging around. But, wow, all that resting was soon forgotten within days of her being here and sleep deprivation set in.
If I were you, I would do some nice things for myself - coffee with friends, cinema with OH, have a nice pampering haircut, get stuck into a good book, have long baths, enjoy meals out; these are all things you may well find difficult once baby is here. I still find them either difficult or impossible even now - and DD is nearly 7! :)

Last edited:
Congrats on starting your ML! I still have two weeks left at work.

Enjoy your well deserved rest xx

Ah that's lovely.

I've got just under 2 weeks left at work, can't wait to finish now! I know I will be doing a lot of cleaning once my maternity leave starts to make sure flat is spotless for baby's arrival! x

It was scary when i left saying 'yes i will bring baby to visit for an event at the end of August!.. Thinking woah i will be a mummy!!! x

How long you got left? x

I've got 3 weeks left at work, 8 weeks until LO is due! I enjoy work, but it's so tiring! My poor feet!

Eee, you'll be a mummy in 35 days!!! x

:yay: That's great hun! Make the most of it and rest as much as possible, LO will be here very soon! :D x x

Yay exciting times! Enjoy your rest hun and make the most of it :) I bet it feels really real now you've finished!

I've still got 9 weeks until I finish :( which is ages away lol. I'm so looking forward to it! I've got absolutely loads of tv programmes recorded on our sky+ box which I never seem to have time to catch up with, so I intend to spend a lot of those 3 weeks on the sofa watching telly :) I also want to use the time to make a big batch of thank-you cards for people who buy stuff for LO, again I love crafty stuff and making cards but never ever get time to do it! Oh and I've got a big pile of recipes stuffed in a kitchen drawer too that I've ripped out of magazines and again never have time to try any of them (seems like a bit of a theme here!), so I want to try a few of them out. Apart from that I want to just go for a few meals out with OH, my mum and friends and just make the most of spending some time with them before LO arrives and turns our lives upside down forever!

Watch my LO come 3 weeks early now and I will have to wave goodbye to my nice 3 weeks off haha! :) I would forgive him/her though Xx

I am going to try to get better at knitting and hanging out, i've got 8 weeks to go so I know hoa y feel :)

Hurrah for maternity leave starting, I can't wait for mine to start. I was supposed to be working until next Wednesday (when I'll be 38 weeks) but I emailed my manager today to say I really didn't think I'd be able to cope, and that I want my last day to be tomorrow (when I'll be 36 weeks & 6 days). He was out all afternoon so I'm not sure he's seen my email yet - not looking forward to tomorrow morning... not sure how well he's going to have taken it :???:

Have got a list of jobs I want to get done, like cleaning cupboards, the car and the windows. What have you all got planned for your maternity leave? Jobs or resting? xx
There's so much I want to get done, but I'm not sure that I'm going to have the energy, just want to :nap: until it's time to give birth!

My maternity leave doesnt start for another 6weeks and boy is it dragging!!! Im 29 Weeks today so will be 35 weeks when it starts as i have holiday to take before it officially begins :eek:)
Im just growing majorly impatient and hate being at work feel like im waisting my day when i could be cleaning the house etc ready for baby if you know what i mean LOL
And we havent even started the nursery yet its full of crap that needs to be moved out!

Dont you hate it when you cant move things as they are too heavy and your oh just seems to take his time while its really bugging you inside!!! lol just want a baby haven i can go into and daydream in.:wall2:

11 WEEKS TO GO!!!!!! SOOOOOOOO EXCITING!!!!:dance:

Team :yellow: Due 18/9/12

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back