maternity leave query

LinsG

Reaction score
I'm due to finish work at 36 weeks (3 weeks of annual leave then maternity leave), but my doctor isn't exactly happy about me working at all, as i'm exhauseted and feeling unwell most of the time. This being the case i've decided to compromise and rather than give up work now i want to finish 3 weeks or so earlier. This would mean i'd be finishing work in 4 weeks. Does anyone know if there is a procedure i should be following to change my maternity leave dates? I only ask as i don't think my boss will be impressed with the short notice.

Any advice welcome.
Ta

Hiya, I'm usually quite up on these things but mister has just had a feed and I'm quite tired. I believe as long as you give them 28 days notice of your new date then there's not a lot they can argue against, and especially if it's because your doctor has recommended it. Oh also did you know pregnancy related sickness can't be used against you - so if you have to take off a day due to something pregnancy related then they can't count it against you? Just in case you needed to know.

I'll try and find you a web link for the maternity leave though.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Wor ... G_10039631

"Telling your employer that you want to take maternity leave

Tell your employer at least 15 weeks before the beginning of the week your baby's due. If this isn't possible (eg because you didn't realise you were pregnant), tell them as soon as possible. You need to say:

* you're pregnant
* when the baby's due
* when you want to start your maternity leave (you can change the date later, if you give 28 days' notice)

Your employer might ask for notice in writing. They may also ask for a copy of Form MAT B1, which your doctor or midwife will give you. This says when the baby's due.

Once you've told your employer that you want to take maternity leave, they should write to you within 28 days, telling you the date when your leave will end."

Hope that helps x

Thanks Leckershell, thats great. I thought i knew quite a lot about this myself, but ended up stumped.

Hope things are going well with baby Ryan x

I had this too and as next Friday is my last day I couldn't give enough notice so I told my boss that my doctor and mw are not happy with me still working as I am making myself ill, especially after the hospital stay and health scare a couple of weeks ago. I told him I didn't want to get signed off as I wouldn't get paid so I now want to do half days. Not much he could say really and he is an arse :evil: about everything! So he either had me for a few hours every day or not at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back