Maternity leave change due to start in April

TipsyDipsy

Reaction score
Hi i've just been arranging my maternity leave in work and have found out that that a change in the law means that if I can hold out until my due date (April 2nd) I will be entitled to 9 months paid maternity leave rather than 6.
Is this correct? And does everybody know what they are entitled too because until yesterday I didn't.
Any twinges from now till April and i'll be standing on my head lol.

yea
if you have your baby on or after 1st April 2007 you are entitled to 9months paid maternity leave instead of 6months
i dont think it means you cant go on maternity until 1st April, even if you start now i think you are still entitled to the 9months.

Ah thank god for that It did cross my mind that I might have to work until 40 weeks to be entitled. Phew.
I was late with my daughter so hopefully I should be at least on time or late again fingers crossed.

Its all done on the due date - not whether you have the baby on april 1st or after..

My lo is due April 1st but if I have her now - i'd still get the full 9 months.

Yep i agree with everyone else, you will be entilted to 9 month pay if you are due after 1st apr- and does not change it baby is early.

the statory pay is - 90% of your wages for 6 weeks then £112.75 for the remainder.

i am an accountant so any questions you can ask as i deal this this at work

lol i know how you feel Kat@girlracer :D
I was kinda dissapointed at my dating scan becaues I though I was more than I was but now I feel more than pleased.
We cut it pretty close though lol.

You'll be on the last pic on your ticker tomorrow! Scary stuff!!!! :shock:

Yeah we're cutting it fine - how obliging are our LO's for allowing us to have 3 more months of maternity leave :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back