Maternity Coats

Daydreaming

Reaction score
I have been putting off buying a new coat to fit my expanding belly, I keep thinking "well it will be spring soon and I won't need a coat, just a jacket".

However, on the train today I yawned and the only button that I have actually been able to do up on my coat flew off! What with it being pretty damn cold out there I may need to give in and buy a new coat.

Did you go for a specifically "maternity" coat or go for a coat in a larger size?

I've not bought one as like you I kept thinking it's a waste. I've just worn my coat unbutton with a huge wrap over it? Can use both again when baby is here xx

My coat barely does up and looks ridiculous. I wasn't going to buy a maternity one but I caved and ordered from ebay for £30! Bargain... you get what you pay for lol

It's ok, but the belt part goes around bump instead of above bump and it isn't even attached, neither are the cuff straps and short of getting a sowing machine out I have no idea how to attach them. think I'm gonna send it back but I'm so desperate for something warm to wear as my jacket doesn't fit properly now either and it's so cold out!

They had some maternity coats in new look the other week for really really cheap prices.

I got a maternity one, and tbh its about at its limit now for me fitting in it. It was well worth the £25 or £30 I paid for it.

I got one as there's no way could of done without - have a look on asos as i got mine from there in the sale.

http://www.asos.com/ASOS-Maternity/...=6413&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=-1&sort=-1&clr=Camel

Worth investing in as i wear it everyday, and to be honest it can still be really cold up to April so I'd say get one - could always look for one one ebay if you don't want to fork out for a brand new one if you don't think you'd wear it.

my coat is getting a little small too now, mum pointed it out the other day.
Luckily i have a younger sister who is a size bigger so ive just borrowed one of hers x

I bought one that only buttons to just under my boobs and then it flares out so it fits ok, just bought a size bigger. It's black from miss self ridge if you wanna have a look x

I have borrowed my sister's coat. She had baby last March and wore this til end so should do me til it's warm enough to go without a coat :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back