Coats

Layla

Reaction score
As im not due till Jan, i am going to need a coat to get me through till then, and prob for a while after coz i doubt very much i will shrink back to pre pregnancy size right away.

but i have never seen maternity coats, have any of you???

have any of you thought what your going to do? buy a normal coat but in a bigger size maybe?

im not sure, bit stuck, any ideas would be great

xx

Gosh I'm glad someone else asked this, it has been bugging me for a while too!! :? Any suggestions welcome!

That is mad, was just thinking about this today. When it was raining hard yesterday I put on my usual coat and found I couldn't do it up. Ok I was being niave thinking it would fit but I thought at least I'd be able to wrap it round, no way it won't go. I haven't seen any, but there were 2 maternity ones on the Topshop website, however they are about £55, and it just seems like a lot to spend on a coat that I'm only going to wear for about 3 months (because I am going to lose this weight straight away :? ) Maybe now its getting colder more and more places will bring out coats???

I have just bought one from www.vertbaudet.co.uk.

It is a tweed one in black and white. I have ordered a size up from normal because their clothes aren't the roomiest.

Its not a bad fit. The oroginal price is £36.99 :shock: :shock: but they offer discounts for new shoppers of about £10 I think.

Worth a look and it should fit you to the end of the winter and as it is quite a nice design you may feel like keeping it for another winter as well as it isn't offensively maternity-ish if you see what I mean.

i found george at asda really good for maternity clothes there not over priced and normally they do a good range of style and sizes ive got a few bits from them and they have lasted me :D

Hiya girls

ive just bought a winter coat in the next size up from what I wpuld normally get. I got mine from millets the camping shop at £30. Its quite a comfy fit.

x x x x x

wow that coat is lovely!!!!

would you mind if i nicked it too? lol

oooh, I don't know! :D :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

its almost as nice as the picture when you get it home, but I am starting to think that we don't have much of a choice if we want to keep warm and still be smart.

There aren't any maternity coats on the market

At the moment I'm getting on with a big hoodie I bought especially for when I'm pregnant.
I have a couple of coats so I'm going to try and last out, even if I can't do them up!
I can't stand the thought of spending money on something I'll only need for a couple of months.
Has anyone checked ebay?

EDIT: I checked ebay, they have a few:
click here

for now i have orderd a big size coat of the catologe, hopefuly it will fit, but if it doesnt then i will send it back and splash out on a maternity one

i no exactly wat u mean
wen i was 1/2 way through pregnancy i found i couldnt button up my school shirt lol
it was so embarrasing :oops:
i just wore my hoodies so genraly it was a good thing, i got to wear my own clothes to school! lol

luv mummy

Just to let people know that I was a bit dissapointed with the vertbaudet coat that I mentioned above and I have sent it back :(

However I have seen another one I like on www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk that people might like instead.

Hope this helps

I'm wearing my good old fleece (enough room in there for three bumps I think) but it makes me look fat instead of pregnant, but then again it made me look fat before I was pregnant and it didn't bother me then.

Tracy xx

sarah, i can't find any coats on the jojo maman bebe website??

I couldnt find any on there either, thought i was going mad lol

layla: i found i found!!!! (and i ordered!) if you get the latest copy of pregnancy and birth mag there's a JoJo Maman Bebe catalogue in there, and there's a promotional code to give you 10% off too!

in there i found one winter coat, it's a black fleece one, 3/4 length with a hood and zip-up fastening amd priced @ £39 (£35.10 with the discount) free delivery too - i only hope it turns out to be as nice as it looked in the picture! it actually looks like i could get away with reusing it after pregnancy as well...

it's in the "winter casuals" section at www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk

326.JPG
[/url]

ooo its nice!

I orderd a bigger size coat from my catolege, looks simlar to that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back