• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Maternity Clothes

Betula

Reaction score
I'm starting to find it difficult to fit into my jeans, and have had to have them unbuttoned for weeks now. So I'm considering going out to buy some maternity clothes is. The thing is, I'm unsure of how it all works.
Will I have to keep upgrading as I get larger or will the same clothes fit me throughout pregnancy? If they aren't going to last the whole time I might wait a bit longer to save having to keep buying larger sizes.

They should last you all throughout the pregnancy unless you put on weight all round. So you would buy them in the size you are normally.
The clothes usually have stretchy panels in them which will stretch and accomodate your growing bump :D
Can i just suggest that peacocks have some fab maternity clothing in at the mo at really reasonable prices.

Hmmm... I'm really no help with that, I never bought any maternity clothes, they are crazy expensive and I'll (probably, lol) never wear them again. So I bought normal clothes in bigger sizes. Loose tops and shirts and some jeans and kind of outdoors trousers etc.

But mat clothes, some say you should buy your normal size, some say a size bigger. You could ask the consultants at the shop :think:

x

I've alaways brought my normal size, the last few weeks of pregnancy you will probably find that hardly any of your maternity clothes fit, so invest in some trackie bottoms and perhaps something like a stretchy wrap around dress. Clothes tend to get more uncomfortable the bigger you get, so stretchey fabrics will be more comfy long term :D

I agree with Charlie84 Peacocks have some great bargains.

Ive been in maternity jeans for ages now. One tip buy over the bump jeans.

Ive got under bump ones with little strtchy panels and theya re a nightmare. Keep slipping down and giving me builders bum so i have to wear a belt whaich is total uncomfy

Only things I've bought so far have been jeans, work trousers and one top! But like chickadee says get over the bump jeans, I too have the stretch panel ones and they dig into me a bit cause of having to wear a belt....

may have to get some more tops soon as my others are getting bit short..... but may just buy cheapy normal stuff rather than the maternity....they seem to think they can hike the price up cause its maternity!

Thanks for all the replies, they were really helpful! The over the belly jeans do look most effective and comfortable, so I'll definitely go for them. I think I'll just gradually buy tops as I get too big for what I currently wear.

I have bought most of my jeans off ebay.......as I need extra long sizes and apart from using the Next Directory non of the other stores seem to do a 34 inside leg (actually it seems Next have stopped doing extra long now also).

Most of my tops were bought from Matalan - in a size or 2 bigger than normal - just watch how long they are as you need them long enough to cover your growing bump!

In the meantime, until you get out and buy yourself a pair of maternity jeans you could try using a piece of elastic band or hair bobble and wrap it round the button hole of your jeans and button. Worked a treat for me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back