out grown my maternity wear

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
Now this might sound silly
but im actually quite happy i can no longer fit into my resently bought size 14 jogging pants.
It means my little man is growning well :dance:
Though i went on the scales and im sill only just over 10stones. ive only put on half a 1lb.
I need to buy a bigger size trouser
Only fit in to my maternity jeans now.
Should i get size 16 or 18? :think:
As i dont wont to have to keep buying more clothes

are they actual maternity jogging pants? Most maternity one's have a elastic tightening thing so you can loosen them off throughout pregnancy.
I wouldn't bother buying normal clothes cos you'll forever be buying a bigger size

I bought maternity jogging pants at 16 weeks and I'll be in them till I pop :shock: They were obviously a bit loose back then but now fit great and will continue to fit me as tummy expands.

I did buy some really cheap trackie bottoms in XL men's just to slob around in, but they are not as comfy as the proper maternity ones. And I won't be fitting them in 6 weeks I bet :lol:

I'd go check out the maternity ones as they have some great designs with big tummy bands you can roll up or down, depending on tummy size and how fast you grow.

I bought some lovely maternity ones today. They are size 'small' lol but they have an added bit at the top. I really like them as they are SO comfy and have belt loops.

Mine were from a shop called 'pumpkin patch' and were in the sale, wooo. Lol.

I've got some jogging bottoms but they aren't that comfy really!

i WALKED IN MY OWN TRAP

I HATE spending money on expensive clothes
and i felt the likes of mothercare maternity wear expensive especialy since i would not be wearing it long.

So i thought cheap larger sized joggy pants would do me
How stupid was i!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The jeans i got from Peacock still fit ok as have a elasticalted maternity band on the waist. But that the only trouser they do so i couldnt get any others
But i really though a size 14 joggy pants with elasticalted waist would be fine NOPE to tight now.

But i stil refuse to spend £25 on just 1 pair of maternity wear.

So im now in a 18 joggy pant 3 pairs for £15, baggy but fit lovely but large enough to allow al ot of growing
I was silly to think a 14 was big enough

Yes you may still think im stupid for not forking out for the maternity wear but i dont have much money
And even getting more joggy pants still works out less money then buying 3 pairs of Mother care trousers

I don't think you're silly at all! If i didn't LOVE jeans so much I wouldn't have paid for maternity ones.
I just have always lived in jeans. The ones I got were originally £27.99 reduced to £16.99. I argued with myself about buying them but my OH told me to take it from the 'baby budget' as it was baby related so that was good :)

Maternity wear can be ridiculously priced can't it!

My maternity trackies were £18 iirc and are really comfy and look good one me also (hubby loves em on me :roll: ) I got a gorgeous pair of smarter black trousers for £22 from Mothercare. I got those on sale :) They both fit all over which was my main concern :oops:

The cheap trackies I bought look crap on me tbh, so I only wear them round the house. I look like a bag lady and refuse to go out like that :lol: Plus they are not comfy and don't sit up over my bump but go under it and I *hate* that with my bump. I feel almost naked if its under my bump. I prefer something up over my bump. I'm much happier then.

I think so long as you are comfortable that's the main thing. So long as you don't keep having to spend money on the cheap ones and therefore not make a saving.

I didn't buy a single maternity top though :) I went to Debenhams in the last day of their sale and bought 5 tops for £28 all up, all lovely, comfy and fit brilliantly over growing bump and boobs. All a bit longer than the maternity tops, which I find too short. Not enough backside gets covered by them for my liking. I'd prefer longer tops and they just don't make tops I like in that style much :wall: So oversize tops, in various styles and colours, for casual and smart wear :) Sorted 8)

My staple (and only) maternity wear:

* Trackie bottoms from Next £8 off Ebay
* Fleece from Next £25 off Ebay (does as a substitute coat)
* 3 x going out maternity tops from New Look £5 each in sale (the turquoise one in my avatar is one of these)
* New Look dress £5
* Next black dress posh for school £7 off Ebay
* Maternity trousers DP £5 off Ebay
* Two next long-sleeved tops £3 each from Ebay
* Maternity jeans DP bought new £25 hardly worn!!
* New bra £35

That is literally ALL I wear (oh except knickers and socks of course :rotfl: )

It didn't add up to much (I lurrrrve Ebay) and all of that lot will do me now through to the birth I reckon! Yay!

I can still get in a lot of my original school dresses etc cos they're stretchy, and wraparound tops still work, and those with ties round the waist (all my original clothes were stretchy due to massive boobs).

You DON'T have to spend a fortune - and remember you can sell it all on Ebay afterwards!

BabyBee said:
I just have always lived in jeans. The ones I got were originally £27.99 reduced to £16.99. I argued with myself about buying them but my OH told me to take it from the 'baby budget' as it was baby related so that was good :)

Maternity wear can be ridiculously priced can't it!

I love a good bargin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 :dance:
Well done on finding some cool maternity gear for less
The sales around here dont seem to include maternity :roll:

The joggies i i bought are huge around tummy just what needed but fit snuggly around legs and bottom making me slim with a baby bump
RESULT :dance:
I adore the egg blue yoga pants i bought !!!!!gorgeous snug but sexy in a comfy sort of way
James loves them :cheer:
James mum keeps buying me maternity tops ive got 3 from her now all are lovely. She's brilliant :hug:
So i am all kitted out now with some great clothes :dance:

All I've got to wear at the moment is

2 pairs of maternity jeans £20 each from mothercare (I think they'll see me through to the end and I can wear them after the birth till I lose my tummy)
A top I got from George at Asda
2 t-shirts from mothercare £8 each
A pink top from mothercare which is a bit smarter for going out £22
A couple pairs of trousers from my 'fat wardrobe'

I can still squeeze into a few bits and pieces from my normal wardrobe but they aren't as comfy as my maternity stuff.

I have a uniform for work so that makes things easier

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back