Maternity Bras!!!!!!!!

Sophie1102

Reaction score
They are so unflattering!!!

I finally went and got measured for a maternity bra today and have bought two but they obviously have no wires and I hate they way they make my BB's look, especially under my tops as most of them are v necks!!! Gonna have to invest in some different tops now aaarrrgggghhhh!

The women in mothercare that did the measuring was not very impressed that I still had my underwired bra on!!!

When i was preg with DD i wore soft maternity bras from about your point, i hated them, they were unflattering and so unsupportive. This time i am better informed and have sought the advice of more knowledgable people. Mothercare told me last time that you cannot wear an underwired bra when pregnant especially if you want to breastfeed. I have now found out that this is incorrect, if an underwired bra fits properly the wires by your armpit extend past the last of the milk ducts and therefore shouldn't cause any damage. The lady in triumph was so helpful and i now have 3 gorgeous underwired maternity bras which are safe and feel lovely. She stated the importance of checking them regularly so that when the milk ducts start to swell the area under your armpit is not restricted and carefully fitted.

I am well chuffed this time with the bras and am just reserving the old ones for bad when they are comfier.

Oh wow kelly, you're right mothercare really made the point of no underwire!!!

I will now look elseware. Thank you

Arghhh! Now I don't have a clue to as to where to go to get measured! LOL

Debbie - Mothercare were really good with the measuring and fitting, I'm just not happy with the bra styles, now that I know my size I will search for a underwired more fashionable bra

In Jenners (and a few other places) they suggested sports bras. The one I've got is very supportive but still gives me good shape. :)

Just when you got boobs like mine you need the underwire, hell i need scaffolding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back