maternity benifit in england and scotland

BEX101

Reaction score
Hi ladies.
Just after i start my maternity i move to scotland (from england) - just wondered if this will afect my maternity pay. (hubby is in the RAF)
I'm taking 12 months off and ive told work i'm going back and i'm entitled to the whole lot. (as far as they know i'm moving back after 12 months)
I know some things run different in scotland, its only just ocured to me this might be afected.

If you're receiving your maternity pay from your employers than it shouldnt be affected at all regardless of where you live/move to.

If you do not return to work after you maternity leave then your employers can ask you to pay it back, it may be worth asking about a career break once you mat leave has finished, this would be unpaid but if you then decided to go back you would still have a job.

as everyone else says... I'm in Scotland too and I think it's more company policy than country - the whole of the UK have the same statutory maternity.

Is it Lossiemouth you are moving to with the RAF - if it is it's a lovely place!!

I don't think you can be made to pay back SMP if you don't return to work, but if your employer is offering you extra pay on the understanding that you are returning, they could ask you for that back if you don't return. Do they hae offices you could transfer to so you wouldn't have to pay it back?? even if it ment working for a few weeks after your leave, then resigning (if you don't want to work), it might be worth it for the money.

Thanks ladies for the info. Just one of those daft questions that pops into your head. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back