Maternity Allownace anyone else!!

lyndsey_28

Reaction score
anyone else think the ma form is stressful and stupid, im due 4/5/12 my test period finishes on 28/4/12 according to the table what if i wanna start materniy leave earlier the date i have chosen, which is wek baby is due as i have 9 weeks holiday to take beforehand which given the circumstance of the form its a good job :shakehead:

what did anyone else do? wait for test period wage slip before sending it off or do it before??

the test period is 66 weeks, so do you not have any previous payslips you can send? i got confused and thought how am i menna send off my pay slips when i havent been paid but then i realised i was reading the date wrong and i could use any slips from december 2010!!

xx

it says on the form that my test period starts on 23/1/12 and ends on 28/4/12 i get paid every 4 weeks so they wont at least 4 wage slips (13 weeks) and that takes my straight to april 20th which is the last time i get paid before baby is born then i gotta send it off and wait how stressful as its paid in arrears anyway and i got bills to pay!!

sorry for the moan xx

your test period should be 66 weeks, they cant just give you a 3 month window, you sure you're reading the dates right??? it took me a while to work this out too! i think your test period will be january 2011 til march 2012.....

xx

Last edited:
had a look hun, first day of your test period is 23 jan 2011, the last day is 28 april 2012

so you can send in 13 weeks worth of payslips from any of those 66 weeks !!

:)

OMG how blonde and pregnancy brain am i :wall2:i could of sworn it was jan 2012 its such a good job you highlighted the 2011 bit else i would stilll be debating it now hehehe :)

what would i do without you girls on PF :dance: xx

thanx again

haha honestly it took me like a month to realise it said 2010!!!!i was stressing out sooo much haha so i know how you feel, baby brain is hilarious

hope ive helped though :) :)

haha honestly it took me like a month to realise it said 2010!!!!i was stressing out sooo much haha so i know how you feel, baby brain is hilarious

hope ive helped though :) :)

you have helped loads thankyou so much!! another thing less to worry about now:dance: i knew there was a reason i worked overtime last time i was preggers to avoid MA just never knew what it was lol.......hahaha and i didnt think i had babybrain until today hehe xx

haha baby brain is a good excuse for all the silly moments! and i have many!

ugh i hate that i have to claim for MA,m i just missed out on my company paying me SMP but hey ho never mind xxx

Don't talk to me about maternity allowance mine got refused before Christmas and has now gone to appeal....still waiting...! In the mean time been put on employment and support allowance half the amount and only for 8 weeks ! Tried to claim sure start grant got that turned down too !!!! Honestly it's rubbish it's not my fault I got made redundant after 20 years working at the same place and I've NEVER claimed a penny from the state and now I need help can't get it.

Last edited:
no wayyyy!! thats shocking. so when did u get made redundant then? that must be such a stress! i keep thinking mines gonna get refused for some reason or another and i seriously have no idea what the hell i would do

xx

Got made redundant in may couldn't get a job straight away had hol booked and paid for then got BFP June (been trying for 15 years was about to start ivf.....long story) so as soon as people realised I was pregnant wouldn't employ me even with such a good work record. Long story but I've literally 3 weeks short on test period for actually working but was 'employed' for 12 weeks after I got made redundant as they had to give me 12 weeks notice as I had worked there so long but DWP are refusing to take my notice period into consideration even though I was paid and had deductions of Ni and Tax taken out. The system is so unfair !

Last edited:
thats a joke, have you tried going to see someone at citizens advice bureau? you'll have to apply for income support after babys here, do you live with your OH? coz if you do and he is working you can apply for child tax credits and working tax credits ...

xx

Yep been citizens advice a few times yep the whole thing is a joke ! Yep live with DH he works so no chance of getting any help.....I'm NOT a benefits scrounger and would have prefered to work but I just feel it's unfair that MA has been refused !!! Grrrrr it makes my blood boil it's sooo unfair !

that is so so unfair! bloody joke when you've always worked. always works out like that for the people that deserve it! well good luck hope you win the appeal, hope its not stressing you out too much xxx

oh dear that is so unfair that u are being refused and surely they can take u notice periiod into consideration as you were still technically classed as employed then :shakehead: i would be going bonkers right now as the sytem is so unfair!!

also not been offered a job as ur pregnant is also unfair and not right, but s'pose thats just they way our country works "pathetic" i went for an interview on 11th jan for a PGCE course and was 22 weeks pregnant at time and didnt tell them i was pregnant for fear of them saying no just coz i would have a newborn baby when it started, i got offered it......and if thay say anything bout not declaring it when they send off for medical records, in my defence its not an illness and didnt need to be mentioned on the form :shakehead:

the whole system is a joke and i realy hope you get somewere with ur appeal xx

Thanks guys I'm just waiting by the letterbox every day for news as this has been going on since end November then my appeal went in after Christmas I really don't know why they take so long....the only hope I am clinging on to is it's an outside panel that evaluate appeals so hope they have a different outlook on things fingers crossed... I wouldn't mind but I didnt even sign on when I first lost my job and not only did the DWP take out tax and Ni from my 12 weeks notice but also benefits I COULD have claimed but didn't... It stinks !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back