Maternity Allowance

allycat

Reaction score
Does anyone know when you get MA if applying through government? My friend said it was 26 weeks she got hers, but the form I printed said 11 weeks before due date which would make me 29 weeks! Anyone got theirs yet if not entitled through employer? :?

I need the forms for this too. I changed jobs in early pregnancy and don't get anything from my employer because of this, and my printer won't work with my laptop, plus I daren't print such a huge document at work! Crikey.... I just need to ring them at some point to get this sorted, as I'm worried incase something drastic happens and I end up having LO early!

I think you can ring the number the website gives you and they will post you the same form you can print online. The form's a nightmare though! Make sure you have all your wage slips for the past few months to hand...they ask you to put in 13 weeks worth where you earned the most money in the 66 week test period they give you based on due date.

Roll on 29 weeks...*sigh* :doh:

xxx

allycat said:
Does anyone know when you get MA if applying through government? My friend said it was 26 weeks she got hers, but the form I printed said 11 weeks before due date which would make me 29 weeks! Anyone got theirs yet if not entitled through employer? :?

You can claim it anytime after 26weeks and you can download the form here http://www.dwp.gov.uk/advisers/claimforms/ma1_print.pdf

I'm 28 wks and started getting mine this week. (I hope) I was told I can get it when ever I wanted. But I'm self employed? so I dont know if that makes a difference??

Think you can either start from 29 weeks or you can ask for it to start later. I changed jobs in early pregnancy but want my MA to kick in around 36 weeks so that they will continue paying until end of October.

i'm gettin paid from work..

i've been there 5 years now..

i get 100% wages for the 1st 8 weeks..

then 90% wages for the next 10 weeks..

(which would take me into middle october as i'm going off in june)

and after that i go to stat mat pay which is £117 a week (which is less than half of what i get when i'm in workl) but i'll cope on that from october-january - when i go back!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back