Massive Scare!

sarahg

Reaction score
Just got back from hospital! Went for my 28 week check and midwife deciding I was having contractions. I was in pain and had mentioned it - hadn't slept much the night before. She didn't say much, just made a call and tells person at end that she thinks I am in labour and need to be seen urgently! Of course I panic and burst into tears. Hubbie rushes home and we hurtle to hosp. They prod and poke me for hours (12 - 5pm!!!) and eventually decide I am probably not having the baby yet but need to admit me. Talk about stressfull. I have only just escaped after being rigged up to a drip and monitors all last night. I am not in labour but now need to do nothing (!) until baby is due in jan. That will be fun!!!

It really makes me realise how real this is when you have been in hosp with lots of newborns. I feel so unprepared and a bit scared now. MUST pack hosp bags as you just never know and my husband was worse than useless at bringing in bits and bobs.

Hope everyone else stays well - take it easy!
Congrats Baby Budge :)

Poor you, that must have been very worrying and distressing for you.

Take things easy, but yes, do get those bags packed!

How frightening for you Sarah! I think I would have pooed my pants if the MW said that to me, you poor thing :hug:

Good news your not in labour though, you wanna keep that baby cooking for a while longer yet. Being in hospital isnt the greatest, I was admitted at 21 weeks and didnt like it much. It did spur me on to pack my hozzy bag though, I finished it this week and it looks like im going abroad for a month lol

You still have plenty of time to get all the things you need, so long as you have the essentials now thats all that matters. Even if you were taken in and went into labour early, its something a trip to the shop cant solve.

Hope the next 12 weeks go smoothly for you :)

OMG that is scary! Poor you!
So glad you're ok.
Lucyx

Glad everything is ok now hun, must have been really scary for you.
Go relax and put your feet up :hug:

Oh god how scary, glad everything is ell now though hun.

Just you make the most of have being told to relax until lO is here!

I had that with Luke at your stage they gave me an injection to stop me from going into labour. Its horible and scary, glad you are ok now.

I know it's hard, especially over Christmas, but try try try to take it easy. I was in the same boat this time last year (kerrypackered placenta) and set myself milestones to get to. 31, 34, 36 weeks. Microwave turkey dinners for Christmas lunch wasn't the best
Ended up with waters going on 30th Dec and sending OH round shops on 31st to buy everything. He managed to get everything we needed before the long new year holiday - if he can do it anyone can :wink:

:shock: bet you were really frightend :hug: glad everything is ok now tho.

Take it easy tho ay :hug:

Thank you everyone. All that support is lovely - I feel much better today after a good sleep. Isn't it strange how you can't sleep in hospitals!

My mum has walked my dogs today and is out shopping right now! I feel awful making her do everything though!

I couldn't believe it's only 12 weeks when you said that Jade! That sounds like nothing.

I'm actually fairly sorted. The nursery is done, clothes are coming together although I think I think I need to make this a priority, I have the pram, car seat etc. So it is the hospital bags now!

Things feel better today so thank you everyone for your support.

My fluffles have just arrived arrived as well! ( Nappies in case anyone is wandering). They are gorgeous. So soft. Look enormous for a newborn though as I bought the birth to potty size! Cloth nappy convert :)

Glad your feeling more positive Sarah :hug:

12 weeks will fly by :D

ah thanks Jade - should be reading your birth story before mine! :wink:

Sarah, that sounds so scary! Glad everything is ok now. Ahhr, you are so much more organised than me! Right, I am doing my hospital bag tomorrow!

sarahg said:
ah thanks Jade - should be reading your birth story before mine! :wink:

Hopefully! Unless im really overdue and your couple weeks early lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111