Massive Mistake!

Carla81

Reaction score
Hi

I had missed mc diagnosed around a month ago, due to going private then having to be referred via gp to epu for treatment etc. had to have two scans 1 week apart and finally went into hosp 6th dec this didnt work and ended up being there for 30 hrs! Then it passed naturally!
After first scan i started getting panic attacks which always happened when oh wasnt there.
To cut long story short on friday went food shopping then to clothes shop. Between the two had major panic attack with sharp chest pain, pulled over to take anadin did so with the wine as all i had - quickly downed about half a bottle panicked and no idea why i did what i did drove home and stopped / arrested.
Have now lost my licence, prob our house and can no longer be in position to try for another baby !

Last edited:
oh no! :( thats horrible! is there not a compassionate reasoning to get you excused?
x

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having a rough time. Have you got to go to court? You should ask them to refer you to counselling to help you as you don't sound like you are coping very well. You didn't cause an accident so be thankful for that, think how much worse you would feel if you had. I'm going to be harsh now but there is no excuse for drinking when driving, people have their lives ruined due to a moment of thoughtlessness so if you can't cope then don't drive. MC is a heartbreaking time, you need to allow yourself to grieve and learn to cope with it the best way that you can. Get to the doctors and get some help. There are people who can help you, both with your emotions and the practicalities, you shouldn't need to lose your home, is it rented or owned? If you own it most mortgage providers can offer a 'holiday' on repayments if you can't make them. Are you getting support from your oh? He needs to know how you are feeling so that as a couple you can make plans to cope together.

I have been giving sleeping tablets from gp and been referred for counselling now.
I know there is no excuse and i'm not trying to make one.
Have spoken to solicitor who will put case forward as mitigation to try and lessen ban/fine but thats all that can be done.
Sorry should have mentioned when i said i will lose my house, the reason is due to my job losing licence means losing job so will no longer be able to afford mortgage.
Oh did not know what was going on in my head as i always bottle things up and just kept telling everyone i was ok. He is very supportive now he realises.

Oh hunny I'm sorry you are in such a bad way at the moment. When you go to court if you explain that your job depends on your licence. Take a letter off your doctor explaining your state of mind. Depending on the judge on the day you might not get a ban. They can choose to give higher fines community service anything to avoid the ban xxx

Definitely see your mortgage provider and see if you can take a repayment holiday or reduce your payments for a set time. What sort of job do you do? Can your employer give you a non-driving based job for the duration or maybe go on secondment? Would be worth seeing if they can offer you something else as they may not wish to lose you.

I have a bit of first hand experience, my father in law was in a similar situation after my mother in law died. His job was also driving based and it was a total nightmare for us all as we (mainly me) had to take him everywhere for two years and there were lots of things he couldn't do. He took the awareness course and that reduced his ban by 6 months I think so if they offer you that then do it.

Hope you get on ok at the counselling, remember there is always someone here for you if you need to talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back