massage?

lulu

Reaction score
Hi,

A few of you have mentioned that you massage your baby after a bath.

What exactly do you mean by this and how do you do it?

Just wanted to check before I give it a go as I dont want to be doing anything wrong. :? :D

Well, first I make sure the heating is on and the room is nice and warm.
Then I lay Brody naked on a towel, and gently rub aqueus cream or Almond oil into him!

Here's a link with ideas on, although I don't do his face, I do his tummy, arms, legs and back.

http://www.makewayforbaby.com/massages.htm

Jack hates having a bath, he also hates being picked up when he is naked.

As soon as you put your hands under his arms he screams, he screams in the bath too!!!!

Any tips?

You'll find that most babies just hate being bathed and handled when naked. Oscar has a good cry, but he does settle as I massage him. It's trail and error.
I think your little bunny will get used to it and enjoy it even more as they get older.
Emilia xx

lulu said:
Jack hates having a bath, he also hates being picked up when he is naked.

As soon as you put your hands under his arms he screams, he screams in the bath too!!!!

Any tips?

I would just make sure the bath and the room are the right temp, maybe dim the lights so he's not looking up at it all the time?

Use a soft voice... don't get agitated cos he'll pick up on it.

Also have you got a bath support? Brody has a little hammock type thing and he loves a bath.. he even goes in the big bath with Mason sometimes.

Maybe he just needs more time to get used to having a bath, practise makes pefect!

We've got one of these towelling type rests that fits inside a baby bath or the normal bath and it's great:-

http://www.mothercare.com/invt/lv5683&b ... thsupports

He really loves having a bath but then he also likes being naked, I guess he's going to be a naturalist or an exhibitionist when he grows up!

I've put my name on a waiting list at our local health centre for a baby massage course run by the health visitors but there are several ladies offering private classes locally too. Our local baby shop (independent one) has lots of leaflets about these kind of courses, maybe there's one near you?

+++

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back