MAM self sterilising bottles

fcroxy

Reaction score
Are these bottles any good? I like the idea of them being self sterilising. Any good or bad points about them? X

I really like the Mam bottles and that they are self sterilising. I've been trying to talk my auntie into getting them (I bought her one and she said she'd get a few more but not sure if she has lol).

If I were to use bottles I'd definitely be buying the Mam ones. I prefer the teat design.

The teats do look a lot nicer than others, smaller in size. I used tommee tippee with my daughter but don't fancy them again this time. Reading the reviews on amazon it seems a few people have problems with them leaking. Also wondered if I could sterilise them in cold water too with Milton maybe once a week or so? That's how I was planning on sterilising this time until I saw these self sterilising ones xx

I've used these for nearly three years now and I hate them. They leak when the white rubber ring is not sealing proper like when it's not dry enough and to clean all them nifty groves on teats and parts are just a ball ache.

They're only self sterilising in the microwave because they're microwave safe, any microwave safe bottle can be sterilised the exact same way in the microwave (pop teat in bottle and fill with water let it spin for about 5 mins, it makes the water boil in the microwave like using boiled water in a hob or submerging them in a microwave tub to sterilise the bottles in.. )
All it does is, it boils it out in water for about 5 mins. I too find using a cold water steriliser utterly useless as they need to be thoroughly rinsed after they have been sterilised by the solution.

And the teat is definitely nothing special, my teeth are straighter whereas I had a bottle till God knows how old and my son only has night time bottle with mam plus he had the dummies until last year and his teeth are not as straight. If you want an anti colic bottle, go for dr Browns.

What I would suggest is to get a couple of different brand small ones and try once baby is born and not buy too many in advance, see what works after baby is born.

I love MAM bottles. Have never had a bottle leak, find them easier to clean - love that they come apart fully - and my daughter gets on well with them. Used tommee tippee with DD1 and MAM this time, far prefer MAM.
I don't use cold water steriliser but I'm sure on the bottle of Milton it says no need to rinse? I think they would work fine with this, or I use a tommee tippee steam steriliser and this works for us. Hope that helps.

I loved these bottles. Bit more pricey than others but defo worth it being, orthodontic teat, anti-colic & you kind of save not buying a steriliser! Will be using this time around too.
Thumbs up from me. Never leaked for me either so just make sure they're screwed together properly. I really can not fault them xx

Last edited:
Thanks ladies. I've seen a starter set of MAM bottles on amazon down from 54 pound to 22 pound so think ill grab them and give them a go. If baby doesn't get on with them at least I haven't spent a fortune. Xx

With my son we used avent Classic bottles and had absolutely no problem with them after switching from breastfeeding. So when it came to introducing my daughter to one with some expressed milk I thought it would be no problem and bought the same bottles.... She outright rejected them and refused to drink from them. So after asking some other mum friends and getting alot of positive comments about mam bottles i decided to try them them next. All I can say is amazing, she drank from them straight away with no bother. The self sterilising is great, I'd say they are a little more complicated than some bottles but you get your head round it once you've started using them.

I just bought the MAM BF & Steriliser Starter Set from Amazon; https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00TQQXBQO/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004FLL5EK&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=HWQRF707ZTDHP793MAR5
They look great, and it is a good price but the only problem I've got is my microwave is too small to accommodate the steriliser! :shock: You can do cold water with tablets though and obv the bottles can go in microwave on own so will probs keep the set. I plan to BF but I bought it so I could express and get DH to join in with feeds as well :)

Last edited:
I have loads of mam bottles and soothers my son refused tommee tippee and nuby outright and mam where the only bottles he would take. We've had no problems except if the year isn't in the run properly they leak as I assume all bottles will do, so just double check them before sterilising their very easy of your going to a family or friends house and they don't own a steriliser xxx

We use the mam self sterilising bottles and initially bought the breast feeding support kit from a baby show. They're great and so glad we opted for them. We use the soothers too. x

Can the mam bottles be used with the tommee tippee bottle warmer? X

Over the last three days I've tried MAM, Avent and Tommee Tippee - I'm going into town Monday to pick up some more MAM :) the best latch was definitely MAM, and the other two types leaked

(Argos and Boots have fantastic deals currently)

Last edited:
I use MAM bottles with the tommee tippee travel bottle warmer, if that's the one you mean. They fit fine in there. Not sure about the electric bottle warmer as we got one with a set but never used it!

Over the last three days I've tried MAM, Avent and Tommee Tippee - I'm going into town Monday to pick up some more MAM :) the best latch was definitely MAM, and the other two types leaked

(Argos and Boots have fantastic deals currently)

I've seen this deal on amazon and thought it was quite good. Going to get the starter pack and if baby doesn't like them then at least I haven't spent a fortune on the bottles x

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...colid=HQ35TXH19AVD&coliid=I3SP5LFIQJEHYJ&vs=1

I use MAM bottles with the tommee tippee travel bottle warmer, if that's the one you mean. They fit fine in there. Not sure about the electric bottle warmer as we got one with a set but never used it!

I actually did mean the electric bottle warmer but looking on amazon I've just seen the travel bottle warmer, didn't realise they done a travel one as well, but looking at it the travel one that seems more practical for what I'm looking for. Glad it works with mam bottles, thanks xx

No worries. The travel bottle warmer is fab, we use it all the time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back