Making up bottles qu

laracomps

Reaction score
Now this might sound really silly, considering Phoebs has been having some bottles for almost 3 months! But...

This week she has started to drink all of her 5oz bottles pretty much, so we are soon going to be thinking about moving to 6oz. I made one up last night, but when I add the 6 scoops of powder to the 6oz of water, the milk in the bottle then ends up at almost 7oz.

So, question is, if she drank all that, would she have had 6oz or 7oz? I am so confused lol. For instance, if I was still using ready made cartons, the milk would always be at the 6oz line.

Thanks guys.

Hi luv!

Go by the scoops, if it's 6 scoops to 6oz then it's a 6oz bottle. It's just that when you mix it you get air and the fluid becomes denser.

It's so confusing, I was the same as you! And if you use aptamil like me then the ready made stuff gets REALLY frothy and you can't really see where the bubbles end and the milk starts!

It's a 6oz bottle (we have 6oz too!)...

Basically I add half an ounce to what it looks like she's got left if that makes sense. So if it's down to 3oz she hasn't had 3, she's had 3.5oz.

Um, I think that's what I do. Connie mostly ends up between 0 and 1 oz on the Dr Browns.

yeh i no exactly what you mean i make ky up 8oz before bed but once the powders added its more like 10oz of liquid. I still call it 8oz just simply because thats how many scoops ive put in. id keep it exactly the same it warns on the tin to add exactly the right amount of scoops and water, no more or no less so i jsut stick to that and expect it to go up a little bit more and just let him drink all of it.

As long as you do the water first up to 60z then add the 6 scoops- then its 6oz i know sometimes it comes up looking more coz of the weight of the powder pushing the water up- but just always make sure you do the water first and then you know its deffo 6oz :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back