Making sensor mat work with chicco next to me crib

Jessiecat

Reaction score
Evwrything I have read online said just put a peice of wood in very bottom of crib under matress for mat to sit on BUT what do you do with the cable? I can't have it coming up and out of the crib and I don't want to cut a hole in the bottom. There must be a way of doing this safely?

I have no idea to be honest as we've not built up our crib yet so not tried it out. What about the size up side? Could it be fed through there?

Is the base all enclosed jessie or are there gaps to thread wire through?

We've got one but haven't put it up yet but I had a look at one in mothercare today and there aren't any gaps/holes in the bottom. We used the angelcare monitor with dd and the wire unplugs from the unit so you'd only need to cut a very small hole somewhere in the bottom of the crib to feed it through. As long as the cut was done near a fold/edge it shouldn't really be visible and won't affect the sell-on value of the crib. X

Just wondering if you had any success with the chicco crib and angel care monitor, currently trying to set it up, any suggestions would be great. TIA

Had to make a very small hole on the edge of the base to feed the wire through. Not ideal but I'd rather do that than not be able to use the safety mat.

We made a small hole to pass the wire through. Word of warning though - we found with the side down that the monitor will pick up your movements not just the babies. For that reason we've had to have the side up and the crib slightly away from the bed in order to use the angel care. Defeats the object of the crib really xx

We made a small hole to pass the wire through. Word of warning though - we found with the side down that the monitor will pick up your movements not just the babies. For that reason we've had to have the side up and the crib slightly away from the bed in order to use the angel care. Defeats the object of the crib really xx

This is the problem I was thinking you'd have. You aren't even supposed to have a mobile up with a breathing monitor as they will pick up any slight breeze making the mobile move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back