• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Major stressed weekend!

Annabanna33

Reaction score
Hi guys, well talk about stressful weekend! fri was helping to sort out best mates sisters wedding, which all went fine. sat morning of the wedding, i went to the loo and found pink/brown blood. panic set in, me and best mate rushed to a & e where we then waited a liftime to be seen by a totally incompetent nurse. finally got put into a room. another nurse came in, said basically itd either be an ectopic or miscarriage. no mention of actually carrying on with the pregnancy. I was a total mess. Then thank god the obs and gynae dr came in. She was brilliant. did an internal said everything looked fine, had already prewarned maternity would be coming in for a scan. so then went and saw my bubs. she even put the sound on so i could hear the heartbeat. I almost cried there and then!
Now it feels like im treading on egg shells every morning i go to the loo im filled with dread.
Anyone else had this and got through it?
Im not 8.5 weeks, and feel absolutely fine, other than sore boobs and morning sickness.

A
x

thanks guys, am feeling a bit better now. altho still get worried everytime i need the loo... dont think that'll change now till bubs is born! am just counting down my days till my 12 week scan on 11th sept. only 24 days :eek:)

Sounds like you may have just been overdoing it. The sore boobs and morning sickness are good signs that the pregnancy is strong so the blood was poss just a sign to slow down a bit! Try not to worry, just make sure you make time to rest. So glad you got to see and hear little bubba, how exciting!

funny you should say that, because ive been trying to do everything right with this pregnancy, not exercising at the mo as i used to do high impact jazzercise, sleeping as much as i can, and trying to not be too busy. But then if im not busy the worrying kicks in so most weekends i am doing something. this weekend im moving back into my house! luckily i shant be doing any lifting or anything, as family are all helping. after that i can just chill in my own house again, with OH running around for me :eek:)

If i didnt know you were from cambridge i'd be thinking we have the same A and E!!!
they really should get some training in these places and a bit of a bed side manner, nurses seem to be hard as nails these days.

So sorry you had to listen to that, the receptionists at my local diagnose you, so be fortunate at least it was a nurse diagnosing you :wink:

Just take it really easy and dont do much for the next couple of weeks. :hug:

LoL im just lucky my best mate was with me, who has had 3 kids. she was like, dont listen to them, they have no idea what theyre talking about. wait for the obs and gynae dr. really upset me tho. bloomin a & e nurse! oh and when he wanted me to strip off into a gown he said oh and if you could just "he then whistled whilst waiving his finger up and down"! I had no idea what he was on about!

i'm sure i've read somewhere that having spotting in week 8 is sometimes common. I think it's because its when you're next period would have been....

sounds like it's all settled down know though, so fingers crossed for you x

i think the waving finger meant to wait over there or lie over there?
lol i dont know!

i've also heard about the bleed when you woudl be due on, they call it ''sympathy bleeding''.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back