major problems

chezzabell

Reaction score
Alastair will not eat lumpy food its doing me head in :?

he will eat finger food i.e toast, biscuit, turkey dinosaur he nicked off sophies plate!!!!!, but the second i try to give him anything with lumps in he screams and screams :?

any adivce??

Sorry no advice, however I am in the same boat. :hug:

Ellie doesn't scream she just gags a bit and then spits it out and refuses to open her mouth for any more food. The HV was telling me a couple of weeks ago I just need to persevere that she will get the hang of it and I should stop giving her purees but I don't have the heart to do that.

Last night I feed her small bits of strawberry with a small bits of icecream and she was taking and eating those though- :cheer: She was also happy picking up bits of potato and eating them herself.

Yea i have been doing that with Alastair gving him veg and pots etc to eat which he will do by himself but i really worry that he isnt getting enough, he is little as it is i dont want to under feed him, so i just give him something that has been pureed aswell so i know he has had enough.

Its even getting to the point he doesnt want his weetabix he just screams :cry:

Thanks for replying :hug:

Yes I have the same concerns. She is happiest feeding herself but she doesn't really eat that much. She is waking once a night for a feed because she isn't eating enough as it is. Which puts me off trying to force her to eat lumpy food. The HV has worried me though by saying that if I don't do it now I will miss my opportunity and have more problems later on.

hi - im new here but i might have a couple of ideas. I have 3 kids - now onto my 4th pregnancy and all except my 3rd were really fussy over lumps so by the 3rd i had learned a couple of tricks. 1. Put the lumpy food at the back of the spoon and then get a sweet/smooth food (tiny bit at the front) when the babe's lips touch the spoon they think ohhh lovley - that way you get them th try the lumps (it takes for ever and ever for them to catch on and by the time they do they will hve got used to it) Other idea that worked really well for my 3rd might not suit anyone else. From the time she was about 6mts i sat her on my knee when i was eating and i chewed up little bits of my dinner and fed them to her -some might fid this gross but really it was the very best way - she eats everything - i mean everything and has done since about 1yr - peppers, salad, meat,fish, curry, rice (not really fussed on tomatoes but hey - not to worry) Hope this helps ps. when i was feeding her the chewed up food i had already fed her some of her own dinner maybe 1-11/2 hrs before so i knew it was just a wee bit extra and wans't stressing over getting her to eat - just to try - ended up with her own spoon at my plate and still thinks anything on my palte is fair game (she is 4 now)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back