baby won't eat lumps - any advice please??

laura-82

Reaction score
Hiya

Its been along time since i've posted on here but I really need some help.
My nearly 9 month old girl won't eat lumps in her food - shes fine with finger food but just won't touch her food if it has lumps, does anyone else have this problem & am I panicin for nothing- My mil is doing my head in about it going on how Freya should be on lumps now - blah blah blah. Also it doesn't help matters that a friend of the families little boy of 7 months happily scoff downs his lumpy food with no messin about :evil:

Am I bein daft or will she just eat them at her own pace, she's doing great in every other way just this is becoming a big problem the way other people are maing out that is a big deal - HELP

Thanks lovelies
xxxxxx

Cameron wouldnt eat lumpier baby food. Or anything half pureed such as mince or spaghetti , i think he got confused whether he was meant to be chewing or just swallowing. He usually gagged and then refused anything.

I tended to give him either something very smooth mashed potato soup pureed carrot.
Or something solid, bread, chicken carrot slices etc.

I avoided "lumpy" food till later

research has shown that lumpy food can be more hazardous to babies than finger food - if they're being spoon fed something with bits in, they're not in control of what's going in their mouths and are more likely to choke.

i know i'm a BLW fan, but it makes a lot of sense. FWIW, i wouldn't bother with any lumpy food at all and just stick to finger foods - if she's happy to feed herself, then just give her chip-sized pieces of whatever you're eating and let her get on with it.

:hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back