Lunch & dinner ideas please!

rheannymac

Reaction score
Harry has been having 3 meals a day for quite some time now, he went through a stage of just completely refusing anything we gave him for dinner (we made it all from scratch) so we've been giving him an Ella's stage 2 pouch for dinner which he loves. For lunch he usually gets some fruit mashed up into a portion, usually a few flavours with maybe some veg or whatever mixed in too. He also usually gets a pudding too like a yoghurt, custard, jelly etc
He does great with finger foods and will now eat pretty much everything we give him.
I really want to get him off pouches now which I don't think will be much of a problem but I need some ideas. I also want to introduce more filling/different lunches.

For dinners I was thinking things like;
cottage pie
mince & tatties
fish cakes
pasta & sauce
cauliflower cheese
Also, can all these be made in advance and frozen?

For lunches I'm a bit stumped!
I'm thinking
toast
scrambled eggs
?????????

He'll be 10 months on the 24th so think he can have most things now.
Any suggestions would be fab!!

Sandwiches
Pasta
Soup
Baked potatoes with filling

Basically anything you would eat for lunch, at 10months there is very little he can't have.

We often do a mix platter for lunch, so lots of little bits of things she can nibble and get a variety of tastes etc. - so like chopped fruit, crisps (toddler ones are good, or Pom bears), cold meat, cheese cubes, pasta (usually cold left over!)

We do a picky lunch too.

Crumpet soldiers
Omlette (she doesn't like that yet)
Pancakes with nutella
Sandwiches
Home made meatballs (she goes nuts for these)
Avocado slices
Cathedral city Chedds (nibbles)
Pom bear crisps
Slices of peppers and cucumber
Tattie scones (another favourite)
Wee willie winkies

All finished off with a bowl of berries (if I have stripped her) or if not a fromage frais or fruit pot

What about wraps, omelettes? Veg sticks/steamed veg/hummus and pitta slices?
I am sure ham and cheese toastie will be a hit ;)
My son likes butternut squash soup, or parsnip and carrot soup. Stir fries were surpisingly popular.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Thanks so much girls! Gonna sit tonight and make up a wee food diary so I can plan in advance what to give him!
This may sound incredibly stupid but I'm presuming it doesn't matter that he doesnt have any teeth yet and he'll still be able to eat all these things lol? Xxx

Wath about crumpets, pancakes, french toast, sandwiches cream cheese and tuna

Fish is one thing I really want to offer him more of. I hate fish, makes me feel sick even just smelling it so its never in the house. I banned OH from having it ha! But I'm sure ill cope if its for my wee man! Will pick up some tuna today! Xxx

What about grilled fish?

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Is that less smelly? I never eat fish. I hate them lol don't even like goldfish! Xxx

Fresh fish shouldnt smell hun. Do u have any fish shops near you? The likes of haddock are great. Im totally spoilt as we live on the cost right beside a fishing town so have heaps of fresh fish available! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah we have a wee fish shop on the high street. My flat is in a residential area right next too an old folks home and there's a fish shop that does deliveries to the home. You can buy straight from the van too from their wee coolers so I might see what he has next time he comes round xxx

Its worth a go, im not keen on the stronger fish like mackarel, salmon etc but I can deal with haddock or lemon sole as the smell doesnt linger for days! Lol. Saying that....I did try her with salmon and she loved it xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back